There are currently no items in your cart.
Tomas Cruz Conga Method Volume 3 Advanced (Timba: Modern Cuban Conga Rhythms). By Tomas Cruz, with Kevin Moore, Mike Gerald and Orlando Fiol. For Conga Drums. Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. Latin American. Advanced. Book/DVD Set. 88 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20301DP).
ISBN 9780786670796. Latin American. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Volume III is the first educational product to tackle the complex subject of Timba, the new musical genre which has been played in Cuba since 1989. Timba represents a quantum leap for all the instruments of the rhythm section and especially the congas. The recordings of Tomas Cruz are considered the most advanced examples of Timba conga-playing and so fascinated the three coauthors that they sought out Tomas Cruz and spent a year and a half studying his style and meticulously documenting it before even considering the idea of publishing it. After many hundreds of hours of passionate research, this "labor of love" eventually reached fruition as Volume III. Volumes II & I were then written to trace the roots of the style and to understand the path Tomas took to arrive at his phenomenal level of technical mastery and rhythmic creativity.
Much more than a collection of patterns or exercises, Volume III analyzes Timba arrangements from beginning to end, explaining the role of the congas in each section, the relationship to the "clave", and Tomasito's creative process, including an exercise which teaches the reader to invent his own Timba conga parts. It was the intricacies of the material of Volume III which inspired the creation of the Step by Step DVD Method, which enables the reader to learn these exciting new rhythms in a fraction of the time it would take working with only written music and audio recordings.
- Part 1: Introduction
- Part 2: Clave
- Part 3: Learning Timba Marchas
- Part 4: Timba Marchas with Step by Step DVD Training
- Part 5: Longer Marchas
- Part 6: Playing Full Arrangements
- Part 7: Analysis of a Complete Timba Arrangement
- Part 8: Inventing Your Own Conga Parts
- Part 9: Exercises in 8th Notes
$24.99_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '5263087']);
$17.99_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '19490293']);
$39.95_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '4555254']);
$14.99_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '19534012']);
$24.99_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '1440801']);
$19.95_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '5830182']);
Tomas Cruz Conga Method Volume 3 Advanced
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tomas Cruz Conga Method Volume 3 Advanced
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: Latin Sheet Music