There are currently no items in your cart.
To Tame the Raging Rapids composed by Brian Balmages. For string orchestra. Orchestra. FJH String Orchestra. Score only. Full set (score and parts) also available: ST6158. Grade 3. Score only. Duration 3 minutes, 40 seconds. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.ST6158S).
Exhilaration and daring - this work describes mankind's constant fascination with some of the most powerful forces in nature. As the work opens, the beauty of the water and its sound calms the listener. Soon, however, we plunge into the water and test ourselves against the "raging rapids." Highly rhythmic and compelling, this work is destined to thrill all who perform it. Can your orchestra "tame the untamable"?
Mankind has constantly been fascinated, tempted, and humbled by the magnificent forces of nature. This work stems from my personal love of adventure and my recent intrigue with outdoor activities such as rock climbing. One amazing area to climb is located in Great Falls, a location just outside of Washington, D.C. that forms the border between Maryland and Virginia. I was reminded of a friend who accidentally fell into the water and nearly lost his life. Fortunately, he was eventually rescued by a kayaker further down the river. This work portrays the beauty of these rivers, yet cautions us as we tackle some of nature's greatest and most ferocious elements. It is a reminder that we must be extremely careful when seeking to tame the untamable.
About FJH String Orchestra
More emphasis on bow technique and independence of lines. For the accomplished middle, high school, college, or professional group. Grade 3 and up
To Tame the Raging Rapids
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
To Tame the Raging Rapids
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: String Orchestra Music
Genre: Classical Sheet Music
Series: FJH String Orchestra