Time Pieces for Cello Vol.1 (Grades 1-2)
Edited by Catherine Black & Paul Harris. Studies. Collection. Published by ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) (PE.9781854729484).
Item Number: PE.9781854729484
Carefully graded selection of tuneful pieces for cello and piano. Well-crafted arrangements provide practice of the keys, note-ranges and fingering patterns encountered in the early grades. A wide range of material from Tallis to Tchaikovsky and from Beethoven to Vaughan Williams; each volume presents the pieces in chronological order and prints the year in which they were written.
- Canon Performed by Thomas Tallis
- Branle des Sabots (from OrchŽsographie) Performed by Arbeau
- "Ayre, What is it all?" Performed by Campion
- Allemande (from Banchetto Musicale) Performed by Johann Hermann Schein
- Song 22 Performed by Orlando Gibbons
- Italian Rant Performed by Anon.
- Minuet Performed by "Purcell, H."
- Minuet From Music For The Royal Fireworks Performed by George Frideric Handel
- "Trio from Minuet No. 5, XII Menuets pour le Clavecin ou Pianoforte" Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Das klinget so herrlich from The Magic Flute Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Marmotte Op. 52 No. 7 Performed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Liebhaber in allen Gestalten (Lover in many forms) Performed by Franz Schubert
- Ein JŸngling liebt ein MŠdchen (A youth loves a maiden) from Dichterliebe Performed by Robert Schumann
- The Little Sandman Performed by Johannes Brahms
- Chanson Russe from Album for the Young Performed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Czech Dance Performed by Bedrich Smetana
- The Elephant from The Carnival of the Animals Performed by Saint-Sa‘ns
- "Andante from Very Easy Melodious Exercises in the First Position, Op. 22" Performed by Edward Elgar
- Moravian Folk Song Performed by Jan‡cek
- The Bear Performed by Vladimir Rebikov
- "A New Year Carol from Friday Afternoons, Op. 7" Performed by Benjamin Britten
- March of the Stegosaurus Performed by "Harris, Paul"