Time Out -- The Dave Brubeck Quartet
Piano - Easy Piano
50th Anniversary (Easy Piano). Composed by Dave Brubeck, Iola Brubeck, and Paul Desmond. Arranged by Bruce Nelson. This edition: Easy Piano. Artist/Personality; Piano - Personality Book; Piano Supplemental. Jazz. Book. 40 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.33312).
Item Number: AP.33312
The Dave Brubeck Quartet's 1959 album Time Out changed the sound of jazz and American music. Brubeck's experimentation with meter, harmony and even Turkish rhythms eventually earned him the cover of Time Magazine; the first jazz musician to achieve such a feat. Saxophonist Paul Desmond's composition "Take Five" went on to become the first million-selling jazz instrumental single on the Billboard Hot 100. This folio celebrates the album's 50th anniversary with full-color artwork from the original record, and a 10 page write-up from jazz historian Ted Gioia. All seven compositions from the monumental recording have been carefully arranged for Easy Piano. Titles: Blue Rondo Ã la Turk * Strange Meadow Lark * Take Five * Three to Get Ready * Kathy's Waltz * Everybody's Jumpin' * Pick Up Sticks.
- Everybody's Jumpin' Composed by Dave Brubeck
- Three to Get Ready Composed by Dave Brubeck
- Blue Rondo a la Turk Composed by Dave Brubeck
- Pick Up Sticks Composed by Dave Brubeck
- Strange Meadowlark Composed by Dave Brubeck
- Take Five Composed by Paul Desmond
- Kathy's Waltz Composed by Dave Brubeck