Time Out -- The Dave Brubeck Quartet
Piano - Advanced
50th Anniversary (Piano Solos). Composed by Dave Brubeck, Iola Brubeck, and Paul Desmond. This edition: Piano Solos. Artist/Personality; Piano - Personality Book; Piano Supplemental. Jazz. Book. 64 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.33311).
Item Number: AP.33311
The Dave Brubeck Quartet's 1959 album Time Out changed the sound of jazz and American music. Brubeck's experimentation with meter, harmony and even Turkish rhythms eventually earned him the cover of Time Magazine; the first jazz musician to achieve such a feat. Saxophonist Paul Desmond's composition "Take Five" went on to become the first million-selling jazz instrumental single on the Billboard Hot 100. This folio celebrates the album's 50th anniversary with full-color artwork from the original record, and a 10 page write-up from jazz historian Ted Gioia. All seven compositions from the monumental recording-- just as Brubeck played them - are featured in this collectable folio. Titles: Blue Rondo Ã la Turk * Strange Meadow Lark * Take Five * Three to Get Ready * Kathy's Waltz * Everybody's Jumpin' * Pick Up Sticks.
- Kathy's Waltz Composed by Dave Brubeck
- Take Five Composed by Paul Desmond
- Strange Meadowlark Composed by Dave Brubeck
- Pick Up Sticks Composed by Dave Brubeck
- Blue Rondo a la Turk Composed by Dave Brubeck
- Three to Get Ready Composed by Dave Brubeck
- Everybody's Jumpin' Composed by Dave Brubeck