There are currently no items in your cart.
Three Moon composed by Ralph Hultgren. For concert band. Brolga Music Concert Band Series. Grade 3. Score and set of parts. Duration 5:25. Published by Brolga Music Publishing Company (BL.BMC045).
There is a legend and a mystery about every place you go. The legends and the mysteries permeate the thinking of a about the place. The Three Moon Legend is the same for Monto, an artistically energetic rural community in central Queensland, Australia.
The story is variously told that a swagman, or Chinese worker, was drawing water from a a creek and he saw the reflection of the moon in his bucket and the reflection on the creek and also the moon itself in the night sky. The vividness of all the images provoked wonderment in the man, and the creek he drew water from has been known ever since as Three Moon Creek.
Such a simple story underpins this composition for it is a work that is evocative of the people, country and history of Monto and the region that surrounds it. The grandeur of the Cania Gorge (the source of Three Moon Creek) can be heard in the opening statements. A bold, yet at time, lilting theme, then carries the work through, bringing hints of the Outback, the cattle country, the openness and oneness that can be felt as you treat the earth in that locale.
The middle section casts a reflective eye over all we have seen so far and elicits memories of past times and peoples. The drovers sing around the camp fire and there sol voices are raise in awe and awareness of the country. An indigenous dance motive takes the listener back to the opening as it blends with and becomes the opening motif and allow us to once again be in the wonder of Cania Gorge.
The work, Three Moon, is a tribute to the people of the local arts community who have laboured hard to obtain the support they needed for such an innovation. The life Three Moon will have outside Monto will take the delights of the region to many and will serve to display the vitality of spirit that permeates such a rural oasis.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 3
Series: Brolga Music Concert Band Series