Themes from the Major Violin Concerti
Instrumental Solo Part and CD. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCD3145).
Item Number: MO.MMOCD3145
ISBN 1596151749. Soloist: Geoffrey Applegate, et al., violin; Ensemble: Stuttgart Symphony Orchestra; Conductor: Emil Kahn.
Another compendium from MMO's catalogue of violin concerti, this album contains five complete slow movements from the world's great concerti, and serves as a perfect introduction to the concerto repertoire, full of memorable themes from Bach to Lalo. A great tool for the less technically advanced violinist due to the slower tempi of these selections, as well as a perfect collection to help improve your tone quality. Also makes a perfect way to help select concerti for your learning and performance needs.
Includes a high-quality printed solo part and a compact disc containing a complete version with soloist, in split-channel stereo (soloist on the right channel); then a second version in full stereo of the orchestral accompaniment, minus you, the soloist.
- Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 in G major, BWV1048: II. Andante Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Violin Concerto in D major, op. 77: II. Adagio Performed by Johannes Brahms
- 'Triple' Concerto in A minor, BWV1044: II. Adagio ma non tanto e dolce Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Symphonie Espagnole, op. 21: II. Andante Performed by Edouard Lalo
- Violin Concerto in D minor (from Concerto No. 1 for Harpsichord, BWV1052): II. Adagio Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
Customers Who Bought Themes from the Major Violin Concerti Also Bought: