There are currently no items in your cart.
The Words We Live By
- Listen (3)
The Words We Live By (Creative Songs Teaching Historical Words that Shape Our Lives). By Greg Gilpin. For 2-part choir and performance/accompaniment CD (with optional narrator). Choral Collection. General, Patriotic. Vocal score and accompaniment CD. Published by Heritage Music Press (LO.30-2041H).
So many words by which we live! The historical, patriotic, inspirational words and wisdom that shape our lives are often taken for granted and sometimes slip from our memory. Their significance and power, though, remain a constant in all we do-giving us courage, reminding us to love and respect those before us and those who will come after us, and nurturing the hope to dream. As you can glean from the Contents below, Greg Gilpin has creatively set to music many of these important 'words we live by'. This marvelous collection in a variety of musical styles is also a terrific teaching resource for interdisciplinary studies. And, by utilizing the Optional Narrative Script, you may transform this work into a special program or presentation! Complete with reproducible vocal parts and a Performance/Accompaniment CD, this wise investment will serve you, your singers and audiences well for many years to come.
- Optional Narrative Script
- The Words We Live By
- The Preamble to the Constitution of the United States
- The New Colossus
- That's the Golden Rule
- The Star Spangled Banner
- The Pledge Of Allegiance
- Quotes of My Friend Ben
- The Gettysburg Address
- Just Like Martin Luther King (I Have a Dream)
$49.95_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '17241896']);
The Words We Live By
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Words We Live By
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: 2-Part Music