There are currently no items in your cart.
The Violin - A Collection by Various. For Violin. Music Sales America. Contemporary, 20th Century, Classical. 104 pages. Chester Music #CH69641. Published by Chester Music (HL.14033399).
ISBN 1844499537. Contemporary, 20th Century, Classical. 9x12 inches.
In February 2005, the Music Sales Group presented a concert of violin music at the Wigmore Hall in London to launch the Wigmore Hall New Music Fund, set up to promote the commissioning and performance of new works for the important international recital venue. This title contains works from that performance by fourteen of the very best contemporary composers, including Philip Glass, Kaija Saariaho and Peter Maxwell Davies, as well as world premieres from Joby Talbot, Craig Armstrong, John Tavener and Judith Weir. The pieces in this book have been specially selected for their accessibility, making this folio suitable for players of a wide range of abilities from elementary level (1st to 3rd position only) to shorter but more challenging, adventurous and unusual works. The set as a whole represents the large amount of variety and character alive in today's top-level compositions. An excellent repertoire source that is fresh, exciting and highly accessible.
- Buskin (Six Country Dances No.2) Performed by Richard Rodney Bennett
- For Latin Lovers Performed by Brian Chapple
- Four Scottish Dances Op.59 No.3 Performed by Malcolm Arnold; Arr. David Gedge
- Fragment For The Virgin Performed by John Tavener
- Knee 2 Performed by Philip Glass
- Miserere Paraphrase Performed by Michael Nyman
- Mouvements Perpetuels (arr. Jascha Heifetz) Performed by Francis Poulenc
- Mrs Linklater's Tune Performed by Sir Peter Maxwell Davies
- My Love Is Like A Red Red Rose (arr. Craig Armstrong)
- Nocturne Performed by Kaija Saariaho
- Rain And Mist Are On The Mountain, I'd Better Buy Some Shoes Performed by Judith Weir
- Recitativo E Arioso Performed by Witold Lutoslawski
- Ritual Fire Dance (El Amor Brujo) (arr. Paul Kochanski) Performed by Manuel De Falla
- The Ladies' Misfortune (Six Country Dances No.3) Performed by Richard Rodney Bennett
- Vanishing Point Performed by Joby Talbot
The Violin - A Collection
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Violin - A Collection
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Violin Sheet Music
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music