The Student Singer
Voice, High Voice, Piano Accompaniment
25 Songs in English for Classical Voice - High Voice Edition. Composed by Various. Edited by Richard Walters. Vocal Collection. Softcover with CD. 72 pages. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.230104).
Item Number: HL.230104
ISBN 1458411249. 9x12 inches.
This collection for progressing students includes art songs, as well as arrangements of folksongs and spirituals. ART SONGS Anonymous: Pastime with good company • Campian: Jack and Joan • Dowland: Come again, sweet love • Dowland: What if I never speed • Gibbons: The Silver Swan • Ireland: Spring Sorrow • Lawes: How happy art thou • Morley: It was a lover and his lass • Morley: Now is the month of Maying • Purcell: I attempt from love's sickness • Purcell: Nymphs and Shepherds • Quilter: Weep you no more • Vaughan Williams: The Call • Vaughan Williams: Bright is the ring of words • FOLKSONGS/SPIRITUALS All Through the Night (arr. Nicholl) • The Gospel Train (Walters) • Greensleeves (arr. Stanley) • He's Got the Whole World in His Hands (arr. Boyd) • How Can I Keep from Singing (arr. Ruck) • I gave my love a cherry (arr. Dean) • Jacob's Ladder (arr. Walters) • My Lord, What a Mornin' (arr. Burleigh) • Shenandoah (arr. Walters) • Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child (arr. Walters) • This Little Light of Mine (arr. Ruck).
- Jacob's Ladder
- All Through The Night
- He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
- Bright is the ring of words (Vaughan Williams)
- The Call (Vaughan Williams)
- Come again, sweet love (JOHN DOWLAND)
- The Gospel Train
- How Can I Keep From Singing
- How happy art thou (HENRY LAWES)
- I attempt from love's sickness (HENRY PURCELL)
- I Gave My Love A Cherry
- It was a lover and his lass (HENRY PURCELL)
- Jack and Joan (THOMAS CAMPIAN)
- My Lord, What A Mornin'
- Now is the month of Maying (THOMAS MORLEY)
- Nymphs and Shepherds (HENRY PURCELL)
- Pastime with good company (ANONYMOUS)
- The Silver Swan (ORLANDO GIBBONS)
- Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child
- Spring Sorrow (JOHN IRELAND)
- This Little Light of Mine
- Weep you no more (ROGER QUILTER)
- What if I never speed? (JOHN DOWLAND)