The Student Cellist: Bach
Cello solo - Beginning-Intermediate
Composed by Craig Duncan. Arranged by Craig Duncan. Saddle-stitched, Solos. Baroque. Cello solo book. With solo part, standard notation and piano accompaniment. 45 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.97033).
Item Number: MB.97033
ISBN 9780786613403. With solo part, standard notation and piano accompaniment. Baroque. 8.75x11.75 inches.
This collection includes both didactic compositions of J.S. Bach as well as easy arrangements of several of his most popular works. The book begins with easier arrangements and progresses in its level of difficulty. All pieces are played in first position. Most of the piano parts double the cello to aid in performance. Titles include 'Bouree I' from French Overture and other favorites.
- Gavotte (From French Suite #5 BMV 816)
- Gavotte (From Sixth Violoncello Solo Sonata)
- Bourree I (From French Overture)
- Menuet (From Anna Magdalena's Notebook)
- March (From Anna Magdalena's Notebook)
- Musette (From Anna Magdalena's Notebook)
- Sheep May Safely Graze (From The Birthday Cantata)
- Bourree (From French Suite #5 BMV 816)
- Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring (Chorale From Cantata Number 147