There are currently no items in your cart.
The Shadow of Golgotha by Wouter Lenaerts. For Concert band. Concert works. Grade 5. Score and set of parts. Duration 0:09:53. Published by Beriato Music (BT.0209-1-147).
Golgotha mountain is situated north-west of Jerusalem, just outside the old city. It is in fact the Hebrew name for the place of skulls and it takes us back to the beginning of our times... The year 33. Emperor Tiberius rules over the enormous Roman Empire that stretches from Brittany to Egypt. Under his regime, order reigns over all conquered lands. Or does it? In one of the distant oriental provinces, a large crowd marches through the streets of Jerusalem. They cry loudly while they follow a man who carries a cross to the top of the Golgotha mountain. There he will die a terrible death... Who is this man? Why has the story remained a mystery? Will Golgotha ever reveal the secrets of this historic event? The Shadow of Golgotha is by no means a chronological representation of the story. This piece of music is an attempt to depict a series of flashbacks about the events that still have an impact on our life today. The piece begins immediately with a tragic and pitiful theme which is soon interrupted by a secondary theme of a more Oriental nature that depicts everyday life in the city of Jerusalem. The main theme and its perpetual determination represents the unavoidable and imminent calamity and it stops for a moment with a first climax. As this fades away, we are submerged in an empty swoon which is interrupted twice by the thundering sound of trumpets and horns. The Oriental, secondary theme and the tragic main theme can be heard once again, but this time in the reverse order. Then the unavoidable event is about to happen. The main theme returns stubbornly despite the efforts of a trumpet melody that initially seems to triumph. The main theme continues until the inevitable end!
The Shadow of Golgotha
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Shadow of Golgotha
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 5