There are currently no items in your cart.
The Seven Words
The Seven Words composed by Cesar Auguste Franck (1822-1890). Edited by Wolfgang Hochstein. For STBar vocal soli, SATB choir, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, 2 bassoons, 2 horns, 2 trumpets, 3 trombones, timpani, 2 violins, viola, cello, contrabass, harp. This edition: Paperbound. French Sacred Music. German title: Die Sieben Worte (kart) (lat/engl). Oratorios, Holy Week, Stations of the cross (Seven Words). Level 4. Full score. Language: Latin/English. 136 pages. Duration 45 minutes. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.4009500).
ISBN M-007-06144-9. With Language: Latin/English. Oratorios, Holy Week, Stations of the cross (Seven Words).
Unlike the well-known settings of the "Seven Last Words" by Schutz or Haydn, in his opulently scored composition Franck provides commentary to the words of Jesus with excerpts from the Old and New Testaments as well as from portions of the "Stabat Mater". In his transposition of the Latin text into music Franck reveals a rich palette of compositional parameters: "different-sized ensembles, exciting orchestration, formal variety and sophisticated harmony. Laments, simple passages for the choir in unison, passages with great drama, melodic shapes filled with sweetness convey to the listener a multi-layered impression of a composition stamped by a strongly personal will to expression." Wurttembergische Blatter fur Kirchenmusik 1/1991.
The Seven Words
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Seven Words
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Composer: Cesar Auguste Franck Sheet Music Cesar Auguste Franck Voice Sheet Music Cesar Auguste Franck B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music Cesar Auguste Franck Choir Sheet Music Cesar Auguste Franck Double Bass Sheet Music Cesar Auguste Franck Harp Sheet Music Cesar Auguste Franck Horn Sheet Music Cesar Auguste Franck Percussion Sheet Music Cesar Auguste Franck Timpani Sheet Music Cesar Auguste Franck Trombone Sheet Music Cesar Auguste Franck 4-Part Sheet Music Cesar Auguste Franck Mixed Choir Sheet Music Cesar Auguste Franck SATB Sheet Music
Genre: Christian Sheet Music
Series: French Sacred Music