The Sassmannshaus Tradition: Early Start on the Violin, Volume 4
Duet playing in all positions. Composed by Egon Sassmannshaus; Kurt Sassmannshaus. Stapled. Barenreiter's Sassmannshaus. Instructional. Method book. With Text language: English. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA9679).
Item Number: BA.BA9679
ISBN 9790006536436. 30 x 23 cm inches. Text Language: English. Illustrations: Charlotte Panowsky.
Original German title: Fruher Anfang auf der Geige - Band 4; Eine Violinschule fur Kinder. The fourth volume introduces various positions as well as new bowing techniques. These are practiced in increasingly demanding classical duets. From here students can embark on the journey of standard repertoire - Concerti such as Vivaldi, Accolay more...etc. are now within reach.
About Baerenreiter's Sassmannshaus
Children playfully learn reliable technique at the earliest age. For more than three decades the Sassmannshaus Tradition has been the household name for excellence in beginner methods in German-speaking countries. More than half a million students have successfully learned to play using this publication.
This tried and tested German method is now available in English! The best-selling method that gave generations of European musicians their foundation is now available in English, with content and songs newly adapted for today's English speaking children.
What makes this method so special?
- The child-friendly and age-appropriate text underlying the music enables children to perceive melodies as a whole and to understand their singable qualities.
- Songs and scales in different positions are easily explained and mastered within the first year. This is an important advantage over methods that confine children to the first position for many years.
- Note reading is emphasized from the first lesson - children are brought up to become proficient sight-readers and play in chamber music ensembles as early as possible.
- In contrast to other beginner methods, The Sassmannshaus Tradition progresses swiftly by introducing advanced techniques in rudimentary form, such as shifting and varied bow strokes.
- Ensemble playing is encouraged from the very beginning.
- The method is suitable for single instruction as well as for group and class lessons.
- The large print notes and text as well as many colorful illustrations are particularly child-friendly and very attractive to pre-school children and school children alike.
- The substantial volumes contain comprehensive material and carefully calibrated learning curves. They keep children curious and interested for many months and years.
- Third Position
- Posthorn Song
- Are You Sleeping? (Frere Jacques)
- Scale in Broken Thirds
- Exercise Using the Two Octave Range
- Gavotte Performed by Duet Book, C. 1740
- Gigue Performed by Joseph Bodin De Boismortier
- Trumpet Minuet
- Allegro Performed by From England, 18th Century
- Musette en Rondeau Performed by Duet Book, C. 1740
- Rondeau Performed by Esprit Philippe Chedeville
- Passepied Performed by Joseph Bodin De Boismortier
- Brush Strokes and Spiccato
- Gavotte allemande Performed by Nicolas Chedeville
- Burlesque Performed by Leopold Mozart
- Etude, from Ries' violin method, Leipzig 1842 Performed by Hubert Ries
- Two Short Etudes, from Beriot's violin method, Paris 1858 Performed by Charles Auguste De Beriot
- Comodo Performed by Hubert Ries
- Horn Piece Performed by Leopold Mozart
- Con brio Performed by Hubert Ries
- From A Contredanse Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Etude Performed by Charles Auguste De Beriot
- Major and Minor Scales
- Two Octave Scales In Third Position
- Gavotte I Performed by Esprit Philippe Chedeville
- Gavotte II Performed by Esprit Philippe Chedeville
- Moderato Performed by Hubert Ries
- Alla Marcia Performed by Bertold Hummel
- Triple Stops (Three Voice Chords)
- The Climbing Game
- Pit A Pat Rain
- Tower Song
- The Grandfather Clock
- A Ride in a Carriage
- Scales With One Finger
- Basic Shifting Exercises
- Playing In Positions with All Finger Patterns
- Execution of the Turn at Different Speeds, from Friedrich Zimmer's violin method of 1879 Performed by Friedrich Zimmer
- Andante, from Mazas' violin method Performed by Jacques-Fereol Mazas
- Trill with a turn at the end, from Mazas' violin method Performed by Jacques-Fereol Mazas
- Moderato, from Mazas' violin method Performed by Jacques-Fereol Mazas
- Etude, from Campagnoli's violin method Performed by Bartolomeo Campagnoli
- Allegro non troppo, from Mazas' violin method Performed by Jacques-Fereol Mazas
- Andante mosso, from Campagnoli's violin method Performed by Bartolomeo Campagnoli
- Second Position
- Spring Song Performed by From England
- From The Peasant Cantata Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Andante Performed by Antonio Bartolomeo Bruni
- Rigaudon Performed by Joseph Bodin De Boismortier
- Etude, from Ries' violin method Performed by Hubert Ries
- Allegretto, from Beriot's violin method Performed by Charles Auguste De Beriot
- Two Octave Scales in Second Position
- Pieces in Various Positions
- March Performed by Henry Purcell
- Larghetto Performed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Andante, from Ries' violin method Performed by Hubert Ries
- Andantino, from Campagnoli's violin methodo Performed by Bartolomeo Campagnoli
- Tango Performed by Bertold Hummel
- Moderato, from Ries' violin method Performed by Hubert Ries
- Scales On One String
- Two Octave Scales in All Keys
- Three Octave Scales and Arpeggios
Customers Who Bought The Sassmannshaus Tradition: Early Start on the Violin, Volume 4 Also Bought:
Top Selling Violin Titles