The Pop Piano Book
Piano. Instructional. Instructional book. With standard notation, chord names, instructional text, performance notes, introductory text and glossary of musical terms. 498 pages. Published by Harrison Music Education Systems (HL.220011).
Item Number: HL.220011
ISBN 0793598788. 9x12 inches.
This cutting-edge keyboard method is a total step-by-step approach to creating keyboard parts spontaneously. Rhythmic and harmonic concepts are applied in all keys, and are then used as a basis for developing specific solutions in rock, pop, ballad, funk, new age, country and gospel styles. Endorsed by Grammy winners, top educators, and Keyboard magazine.
- Chapter 1: Scales and Chords
- Chapter 2: Rhythmic Concepts and Notation
- Chapter 3: Diatonic Triads and Four-Part Chords
- Chapter 4: Triads - Inversions & Voiceleading
- Chapter 5: Creating & Using Triad-Over-Root Chords
- Chapter 6: 4-Part Chords - Inversions & Voiceleading
- Chapter 7: Creating & Using 4-Part-Over-Root Chords
- Chapter 8: Triad Resolutions Using Added 9ths
- Chapter 9: Triad Resolutions Using Suspended 4ths
- Chapter 10: Chord 'Shapes' Using Fourth Intervals
- Chapter 11: Pop Ballad
- Chapter 12: Pop-Rock And Hard Rock
- Chapter 13: New Age
- Chapter 14: R'n'B Ballad
- Chapter 15: R'n'B/Funk
- Chapter 16: Country & Country-Rock
- Chapter 17: Slow Gospel
- Chapter 18: Fast Gospel