There are currently no items in your cart.
The Phantom Brigade (Descriptive Patrol). Composed by W. H. Myddleton. Arranged by Piet J. Molenaar. For fanfare band. Catalogue Light Concert Works/Light Works/Original Compositions/Novelties. Molenaar Original Compositions. Grade 3. Full set. Duration 4 minutes, 45 seconds. Published by Molenaar Edition (ML.020265030).
WILLIAM H. MYDDLETON (1873-1950) was a British composer, author and amateur astronomer who studied the violin with the famous Pablo de Sarasate and who travelled a lot as violin virtuoso. He conducted a theatre orchestra in Sidney, Australia and the Carl Rosa Opera Orchestra in London. He also wrote some music for military band, using the pen name Arnold Safroni, his most famous march being 'Imperial echoes'. He composed a lot of light orchestral music and many works for symphonic band and brass band, such as 'Down South' and The Phantom Brigade. The latter was composed during World War I and was obviously a homage to the efficient British troops in Flanders' Fields...
The Phantom Brigade
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Phantom Brigade
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: Fanfare Band Music
Series: Molenaar Original Compositions