There are currently no items in your cart.
The Oxford Book of Spirituals edited by Moses Hogan. For SATB choir accompanied and a cappella. Mixed Voices. Spirituals, Collection. Vocal score. 236 pages. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193863040).
ISBN 9780193863040. Spirituals, Collection.
A collection of 29 stylistically authentic spiritual arrangements for SATB choirs. The contents span the period from 1914 to 2001 and are ordered chronologically. Many of the best-known songs from the genre's most important composers and arrangers are included. The volume surveys the spiritual's entire range of themes and forms in a way that is at once stylistically authentic and historically meaningful. Piano reductions are included for unaccompanied songs.
- Listen To The Lambs Composed by R. Nathaniel Dett
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot Composed by Diton;Arranged by Shenk
- My Lord, What A Mornin' Composed by Harry T. Burleigh
- Jesus is a rock in a weary lan' Composed by Work
- Ezekiel Saw De Wheel Composed by Cain
- Ride The Chariot Composed by Smith
- Here's One Composed by William Grant Still
- Let Us Break Bread Together Composed by Lawrence
- If I got my ticket, can I ride? Composed by Shaw
- Little innocent Lamb Composed by Bartholomew
- Great Day Composed by Martin
- Any How Composed by Pittman
- Daniel, Daniel, Servant Of The Lord Composed by Moore
- Fix Me, Jesus Composed by Johnson
- Amen Composed by Hairston
- A city called heaven Composed by De Paur
- Were You There? Composed by Luboff
- I want God's heaven to be mine Composed by King
- Lily Of The Valley Composed by Kirk Whalum
- Keep Your Lamps Composed by Thomas
- Witness Composed by Halloran
- My Good Lord's Done Been Here Composed by Cloud
- Go Tell It On the Mountain Composed by Carter
- Don't you let nobody turn you 'round Composed by Lena Johnson McLin
- Glory to the Newborn King Composed by Morris
- By An' By Composed by Parker
- Look what dey doin' to Jesus Composed by Jackson
- The Battle of Jericho Composed by Hogan
- Lord, how come me here Composed by Simpson-Curenton
The Oxford Book of Spirituals
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Oxford Book of Spirituals
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Genre: Spirituals Sheet Music
Format: Vocal Score