There are currently no items in your cart.
The Oxford Book of Italian Madrigals composed by Harman. Edited by Eric Harman. For SATB choir, a cappella. Mixed Voices. Secular, Choral Collection. Vocal score. 336 pages. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193436473).
ISBN 9780193436473. Secular, Choral Collection. 9 x 6 inches.
During the eighty years from approx. 1535 many thousands of Italian madrigals were composed. Here are 55 for mixed voices covering the whole range of types, and the whole period. All have been chosen for their musical value - they are small masterpieces.
- Dormendo un Giorno Performed by Jacques (Jacob) Arcadelt
- Il Bianco E Dolce Cigno Performed by Jacques (Jacob) Arcadelt
- Quando Sara Miai Quel Zonorno Performed by Bel'haver
- Mentre il Cuculo il suo Cucu Cantava Performed by Caimo
- Quest'io Tesseva e Quelle Performed by Francesco Corteccia
- Tutte le Vecchie Son Maleciose Performed by Di Maio
- Io Mi Son Giovinetta Performed by Alfonso Ferrabosco
- Cosi Soav'e l Foco Performed by Festa
- Ingiustissimo Amor
- Due Rose Fresche Performed by Gabrieli
- I'vo Piangendo Performed by Gabrieli
- Tirsi Morir Volea Performed by Gabrieli
- Il Bel'Umore - Viver Lieto Voglio Performed by Giovanni Giacomo Gastoldi
- Il Premiato - Ove ne Vai Si in Fretta Performed by Giovanni Giacomo Gastoldi
- Languisco e Moro Performed by Don Carlo Gesualdo
- Luci Serene e Chiare Performed by Don Carlo Gesualdo
- Resta di Darmi Noia Performed by Don Carlo Gesualdo
- Cantai, or Piango Performed by Don Carlo Gesualdo
- Mia Benigna Fortuna S'io Esca Vivo Performed by Orlande De Lassus
- Itene Mie Querele Performed by Luzzasco Luzzaschi
- Che fa Oggi il Mio Sole Performed by Luca Marenzio
- Cruda Amarilli Performed by Luca Marenzio
- Fuggiro Tant', Amore Performed by Luca Marenzio
- Gia Torna a Rallegrar L'Aria Performed by Luca Marenzio
- Solo e Pensoso Performed by Luca Marenzio
- Ahi, Chi Mi Rompe il Sonno Performed by Monte
- Fa Ch'io Riveggia Performed by Monte
- Leggiadre Ninfe Performed by Monte
- ah Dolente Partita Performed by Claudio Monteverdi
- Ecco Mormorar L'onde Performed by Claudio Monteverdi
- Quel Augellin Che Canta Performed by Claudio Monteverdi
- Si Ch'io Vorrei Morire Performed by Claudio Monteverdi
- Chi la Gagliarda, Donna, Vo Imparare Performed by Nola
- Io Son Ferito, Ahi Lasso Performed by Giovanni Pierluigi Da Palestrina
- La Ver l'Aurora Performed by Giovanni Pierluigi Da Palestrina
- VestivMa i Colli Performed by Giovanni Pierluigi Da Palestrina
- Ancor Che Col Partire Performed by Rore
- Il'alto Signor Performed by Rore
- Mia Benigna Fortuna Performed by Rore
- Ne l'Aria in Questi di Performed by Rore
- O Morte, Eterno Fin Performed by Rore
- O Sonno Performed by Rore
- Quest'Affannato Mio Doglioso Core Performed by Rore
- Strane Rupi Performed by Rore
- S'Udia un Pastor l'Altr'Hieri Performed by Orazio Vecchi
- Dorment' un Giorno Performed by Verdelot
- Italia Mia Performed by Verdelot
- Chi Salira per Me Performed by Wert
- Forsennata Gridava Performed by Wert
- Augelli Performed by Vezzosi
- Amor mi fa Morire Performed by Adrian Willaert
- Quanto Piu M'arde Performed by Adrian Willaert
The Oxford Book of Italian Madrigals
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Oxford Book of Italian Madrigals
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Format: Vocal Score