There are currently no items in your cart.
The Orchestral Violinist's Companion, Volumes 1 + 2 by Martin Wulfhorst. This edition: 1st printing 2012 edition. Paperback. A comprehensive guidebook with hundreds of excerpts. Book. Language: English. 483 pages. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BVK1758).
ISBN 9783761817582. With Language: English. 30 x 23 cm inches.
Today's professional orchestral musicians are highly specialized and highly qualified instrumentalists. While the traditional study at universities and music schools gives students an excellent foundation for orchestral playing, it has long been acknowledged that it often does not prepare a musician for all the challenges of orchestral life.This volume imparts knowledge and skills essential for the orchestral violinist, extending on the musician's high school or university education. This advice and training manual is intended to serve as a guide for the full course of a musician's career - from the preparation for an audition to the long-term heavy work load in an orchestra. The volumes cover an abundance of themes, including:- Practice techniques
- Daily practice routine
- Looking after your body
- Bow technique and tone production
- Left hand technique
- Pizzicato technique and other special techniques
- Rhythm and ensemble playing
- Notation and performance practice
- Preparing of orchestral parts
- Italian, French and German terms and abbreviations
- Knowledge of style
- Development of a core repertoire
- Preparation for auditions
- Coping with stage fright
- Coping with orchestral life
- Appreciation for the orchestra as a social environment
- Coping with the long-term physical and mental pressures in an orchestraIncluded is a detailed, annotated index of orchestral excerpt collections, thematically relevant books and articles, and recent important studies on "Performance Science." Chapters on essential practice and performance techniques include hundreds of examples from over 300 orchestral works, which encompass the areas of symphony, oratorio, opera, operetta and ballet from the period between c. 1750 and 1950. In addition, there are exercises specifically designed to advance a player's orchestral technique.As well as serving as useful teaching material for courses, these volumes are geared towards students currently in graduate or postgraduate courses specializing in orchestral playing, audition candidates, violinists at the start of their career, as well as experienced orchestral musicians and conductors.
The Orchestral Violinist's Companion, Volumes 1 + 2
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Orchestral Violinist's Companion, Volumes 1 + 2
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Violin Sheet Music
Genre: Classical Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook