There are currently no items in your cart.
The New Novello Part-Song Book edited by Robert Walker. For Choral (SATB). Music Sales America. Choral, Secular. 246 pages. Novello & Co Ltd. #NOV072472. Published by Novello & Co Ltd. (HL.14022721).
ISBN 0853608954. Choral, Secular. 6.75x9.75 inches.
44 British classic and modern secular part-songs for mixed voices from Purcell to the present day. With this anthology, selected and edited by Robert Walker, choirs are provided with accessible material of many styles and eras: from arcadian Purcell, the classical simplicity of Arne, from Sterndale Bennett and Sullivan, writing during the golden age of glee clubs through the late-Romantic era of Elgar and Bantock, and the early twentieth century British renaissance of Holst and Moeran to contemporary composers like Musgrave, Bennett and Kelly. This set of works will be within the scope of all choirs and levels of accomplishment. All vocal ranges are given and rehearsal piano accompaniments provided.
- A Shepherd's Carol (Britten)
- Breathe Soft, Ye Winds (Paxton)
- Bring Us In Good Ale Performed by Gustav Holst
- Cargoes (Gardiner)
- Celandine (Walker)
- Come Away, Death (Macfarren)
- Come Let Us Join The Roundelay (Beale)
- Come Live With Me (Bennett)
- Cupid And Rosalind (Stanford)
- Echoes (Sullivan)
- Evening Has Lost Her Throne (Bantock)
- Fruit Machine (Kelly)
- Go, Lovely Rose (Thiman)
- In These Delightful Groves (Purcell)
- In This Hour Of Softened Splendour (Pinsuti)
- Inheritance (Howells)
- Invocation To Sleep (Benedict)
- John Cook (Musgrave)
- Lay A Garland (Pearsall)
- Madrigal (Bennett)
- Music, When Soft Voices Die (Bush)
- My Delight And Thy Delight Performed by Hubert Parry
- My Soul Would Drink Those Echoes (Mackenzie)
- O Sing Unto My Roundelay (Wesley)
- Orpheus, With His Lute (Macfarren)
- Proud Songsters (Mccabe)
- Sigh No More Ladies (Moeran)
- Sleep! The Bird Is In Its Nest (Barnby)
- Softly, Softly, Blow Ye Breezes (Elvey)
- Song Of Proserpine (Coleridge-taylor)
- Sweet And Low (Barnby)
- Sweet Content (Joubert)
- The Blue Bird (Stanford)
- The Long Day Closes Performed by Sir Arthur Seymour Sullivan
- The Moon (Dyson)
- The Prince Of Sleep Performed by Edward Elgar
- There Is Sweet Music Performed by Edward Elgar
- There Was An Old Man In A Tree (Seiber)
- To Daffodils (Darke)
- To Miss Margery Wentworth (Joubert)
- Tune Thy Music To Thy Heart (Davies)
- Under The Greenwood Tree (Horovitz)
- Weep You No More (Rawsthorne)
- Which Is The Properest Day To Sing? (Arne)
The New Novello Part-Song Book
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
The New Novello Part-Song Book
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Choir Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook