The Music Tree - Part 3 (Keyboard Literature)
Piano - SMP Level 1 (Elementary)
Timeless Gems from the 18th, 19th and 20th Centuries. Edited by Frances Clark, Louise Goss, and Sam Holland. Francis Clark Music Tree. Frances Clark Library for Piano Students. Instructional, Method and Classical. Collection. With standard notation, fingerings and introductory text (does not include words to the songs). 28 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.002X0).
Item Number: AP.002X0
ISBN 158951002X. 9x12 inches.
An exciting new collection of keyboard gems from 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries, designed as a companion volume for Music Tree 3. The pieces are by the great masters from each period who wrote music easy enough for students at this level. All are original keyboard works, selected to provide a well-rounded diet of musical periods, forms, type and styles, all in pieces with sure-fire student appeal.
About The Music Tree
The Music Tree series continues the development of complete musicianship by providing the beginner with delightful and varied repertoire. The pupil learns a variety of idioms encompassing folk, jazz and pop. The creativity of the students is emphasized since they are given musical segments to rearrange, transpose, complete or to use as the basis for a new composition. Technical aspects are also addressed including greater facility, blocked intervals and chords, and more hands together playing. Guided training steps are used to encourage intelligent practice skills.
About SMP Level 1 (Elementary)
Very little hand movement and the introduction of 3 note chords.
- Minuetto Composed by James Hook
- Allegro in C Composed by Alexander Reinagle
- Frolic Composed by Daniel Gottlob Turk
- Carefree Composed by Daniel Gottlob Turk
- Melody Composed by Anton Diabelli
- Bagatelle Composed by Anton Diabelli
- Gigue Composed by Anton DiabelliSamuel Arnold
- Thoughtful and Playful Composed by Ferdinand Beyer
- Morning Greeting Composed by Kasper Jacob Bischoff
- Little Dance Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Song Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Brave Knight Composed by Wilhelm M. Vogel
- The Bear Composed by Vladimir Rebikov
- Folksong Composed by Bela Bartok
- Dialogue Composed by Bela Bartok
- Folk Dance Composed by Alexandre Tansman
- Doodlebug Composed by Ernst Bacon
- March Composed by Alexander Tcherepnin
- Joy and Tears Composed by Alexander Tcherepnin
- Mountain Melody Composed by Norman Dello Joio
- Moon Mist Composed by John LaMountaine
- March of the Trolls Composed by David Kraehenbuel
- Daydreaming Composed by David Kraehenbuel
- Snowflakes Gently Falling Composed by Dianne Goolkasian-rahbee
- Ballet at Dusk Composed by Nancy Telfer
- Dance of the Elephant Composed by Nancy Telfer