The Language of Song - Intermediate (High Voice)
High voice and piano accompaniment (High voice (Medium-High)) - Intermediate
High Voice. Edited by Heidi Pegler and Nicola-Jane Kemp. Book; CD; Vocal Collection. Faber Edition. Classical. Collection and accompaniment CD. With translations, background notes and pronunciation guides. 80 pages. Published by Faber Music (AP.12-0571523439).
Item Number: AP.12-0571523439
ISBN 0571523439. 9x12 inches.
The ability to sing in foreign languages is a much-needed skill for singers, but few vocal training resources tackle this aspect comprehensively in one book. With this in mind, ABRSM examiners and professional singers Heidi Pegler and Nicola-Jane Kemp have written The language of song, a graded series of songbooks that provide classic song repertoire, carefully selected to develop the vital skills required to sing in a foreign languageAn invaluable resource for all singing students and teachers, each song gives both a literal and poetic translation of each text, a detailed pronunciation guide using the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) guide and background information on the songs as well as technical and musical teaching points. The accompanying CD provides the text for each song spoken by a native speaker - expert language consultants who specialize in coaching singers - as well as a recording of each song accompaniment by international pianist John Lenehan.Not just ideal for those taking graded singing exams, these are invaluable for singers of any age exploring international song repertoire up to university and college level.Learn to sing this wonderful foreign language repertoire confidently and effectively and celebrate the Language of Song!This collection focuses on songs in Italian, German, French and some Spanish.
- Tu lo sai Composed by Giuseppe Torelli
- Toglietemi la vita ancor Composed by Alessandro Scarlatti
- Amarilli, mia bella Composed by Giulio Caccini
- Se tu m'ami Composed by Alessandro Parisotti
- Vaga luna Composed by Vincenzo Bellini
- An Chloe Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart,Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Vergebliches Standchen Composed by Johannes Brahms
- Standchen Composed by Franz Schubert
- Maria Wiegenlied Composed by Max Reger
- Die Lotosblume Composed by Robert Schumann
- Die Forelle Composed by Franz Schubert
- Le Charme Composed by Ernest Chausson
- Le secret Composed by Gabriel Faure
- Aurore Composed by Gabriel Faure
- Clair De Lune Composed by Gabriel Faure
- El majo discreto Composed by Enrique Granados
- En Jere de la Frontera Composed by Joaquin Rodrigo
- Cancion de cuna para dormir a un negrito Composed by Xavier Montsalvatge