The Language of Song: Advanced (Medium Voice)
Medium voice (Medium voice) - Advanced
Medium Voice. Edited by Nicola-Jane Kempm and Heidi Pegler. Book; CD; Vocal Collection. Faber Edition. Book and CD. Published by Faber Music (AP.12-0571530761).
Item Number: AP.12-0571530761
The ability to sing in foreign languages is a much-needed skill for singers, but few vocal training resources tackle this aspect comprehensively in one book. With this in mind, ABRSM examiners and professional singers Heidi Pegler and Nicola-Jane Kemp have written "The language of song", a graded series of songbooks that provide classic song repertoire, carefully selected to develop the vital skills required to sing in a foreign language.
An invaluable resource for all singing students and teachers, each song gives both a literal and poetic translation of each text, a detailed pronunciation guide using the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) guide and background information on the songs as well as technical and musical teaching points. The accompanying CD provides the text for each song spoken by a native speaker - expert language consultants who specialise in coaching singers - as well as a recording of each song accompaniment by international pianist John Lenehan.
Not just ideal for those taking graded singing exams, these are invaluable for singers of any age exploring international song repertoire up to university and college level.
Learn to sing this wonderful foreign language repertoire confidently and effectively and celebrate the Language of Song!
Includes: 1. Lotti: Pur dicesti, o bocca bella 2. Gluck: O del mio dolce ardor bramato oggetto 3. Donizetti: Sovra il campo della vita 4. Vivaldi: Poveri affetti miei 5. Bellini: Il fervido desiderio 6. Leoncavallo: Mattinata 7. Schumann: Widmung 8. Schubert: Du bist die Ruh 9. Wolf: Verborgenheit 10. Schumann: Du bist wie eine Blume 11. Brahms: Die Mainacht 12. Immer leiser 13. Strauss: 14. Traum durch die DÃ¤mmerung 15. Mahler: Wer hat dies Liedlein erdacht? 16. FaurÃ©: AprÃ¨s un rÃªve 17. Notre amour 18. Les roses dâ€™Ispahan 19. Viardot: Les filles de Cadix 20. FaurÃ©: Les berceaux 21. Duparc: Chanson triste 22. Debussy: Mandoline 23. Bizet: Chanson dâ€™avril 24. Tchaikovsky: None but the lonely heart 25. At the ball 26. Rachmaninov: The soldierâ€™s wife 27. Oh stay, my love.
- Pur Dicesti, O Bocca Bella Composed by Antonio Lotti
- O del mio dolce ardor bramato oggetto Composed by Christoph Wilibald Von Gluck
- Sovra il campo della vita Composed by Gaetano Donizetti
- Poveri affetti miei Composed by Antonio Vivaldi
- Il Fervido Desiderio Composed by Vincenzo Bellini
- Mattinata Composed by Ruggiero Leoncavallo
- Widmung Composed by Robert Schumann
- Du bist die Ruh Composed by Franz Schubert
- Verborgenheit Composed by Hugo Wolf
- Du bist wie eine BLume Composed by Robert Schumann
- Die Mainacht Composed by Johannes Brahms
- Immer Leiser Wird Mein Schlummer Composed by Johannes Brahms
- Traum Durch Die Dammerung Composed by Richard Strauss
- Wer hat dies liedlein erdacht? Composed by Gustav Mahler
- Apres Un Reve Composed by Gabriel Faure
- Notre Amour Composed by Gabriel Faure
- Les Roses d'Ispahan Composed by Gabriel Faure
- Les Filles de Cadix Composed by Pauline Viardot
- Les Berceaux Composed by Gabriel Faure
- Chanson Triste Composed by Henri Duparc
- Mandoline Composed by Claude Debussy
- Chanson D'avril Composed by Georges Bizet
- None But the Lonely Heart Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- At the Ball Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- The Soldier's Wife Composed by Sergei Rachmaninov
- Oh stay, my love Composed by Sergei Rachmaninov