There are currently no items in your cart.
The Language of Song: Advanced (High Voice) (High Voice). Edited by Nicola-Jane Kempm and Heidi Pegler. For high voice (High voice (Medium-High)). Book; CD; Vocal Collection. Faber Edition. Advanced. Book and CD. Published by Faber Music (AP.12-0571530753).
The ability to sing in foreign languages is a much-needed skill for singers, but few vocal training resources tackle this aspect comprehensively in one book. With this in mind, ABRSM examiners and professional singers Heidi Pegler and Nicola-Jane Kemp have written "The language of song", a graded series of songbooks that provide classic song repertoire, carefully selected to develop the vital skills required to sing in a foreign language.
An invaluable resource for all singing students and teachers, each song gives both a literal and poetic translation of each text, a detailed pronunciation guide using the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) guide and background information on the songs as well as technical and musical teaching points. The accompanying CD provides the text for each song spoken by a native speaker - expert language consultants who specialise in coaching singers - as well as a recording of each song accompaniment by international pianist John Lenehan.
Not just ideal for those taking graded singing exams, these are invaluable for singers of any age exploring international song repertoire up to university and college level.
Learn to sing this wonderful foreign language repertoire confidently and effectively and celebrate the Language of Song!
Includes: 1. Lotti: Pur dicesti, o bocca bella 2. Gluck: O del mio dolce ardor bramato oggetto 3. Donizetti: La conocchia 4. Bellini: Per pietÃ , bellâ€™ idol mio 5. Rossini: La pastorella delle Alpi 6. Leoncavallo: Mattinata 7. Schumann: Widmung 8. Schubert: Du bist die Ruh 9. Wolf: Verborgenheit 10. Mozart: UnglÃ¼ckliche Liebe 11. Schumann: Du bist wie eine Blume 12. Brahms: Wir wandelten 13. Strauss: Die Nacht 14. FaurÃ©: AprÃ¨s un rÃªve 15. Notre amour 16. Les roses dâ€™Ispahan 17. Viardot: Les filles de Cadix 18. Berlioz: Villanelle 19. Duparc: Chanson triste 20. Debussy: Mandoline 21. Chausson: Le colibri 22. Poulenc: C 23. Tchaikovsky: None but the lonely heart 24. Believe it not, my friend 25. The stars looked tenderly upon us 26. Rachmaninov: Spring waters.
- Pur Dicesti, O Bocca Bella Composed by Antonio Lotti
- O del mio dolce ardor bramato oggetto Composed by Christoph Wilibald Von Gluck
- La conocchia Composed by Gaetano Donizetti
- Per pieta, bell' idol mio Composed by Vincenzo Bellini
- La Pastorella delle Alpi Composed by Gioachino Rossini
- Mattinata Composed by Ruggiero Leoncavallo
- Widmung Composed by Robert Schumann
- Du bist die Ruh Composed by Franz Schubert
- Verborgenheit Composed by Hugo Wolf
- Ungluckliche Liebe (Als Luise) Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Du bist wie eine BLume Composed by Robert Schumann
- Wir wandelten Composed by Johannes Brahms
- Die Nacht Composed by Richard Strauss
- Apres Un Reve Composed by Gabriel Faure
- Notre Amour Composed by Gabriel Faure
- Les Roses d'Ispahan Composed by Gabriel Faure
- Les Filles de Cadix Composed by Pauline Viardot
- Villanelle Composed by Hector Berlioz
- Chanson Triste Composed by Henri Duparc
- Mandoline Composed by Claude Debussy
- Le colibri Composed by Ernest Chausson
- C Composed by Francis Poulenc
- None But the Lonely Heart Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Believe It Not, My Friend Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- The Stars Looked Tenderly Upon Us Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Spring Waters Composed by Sergei Rachmaninov
The Language of Song: Advanced (High Voice)
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Language of Song: Advanced (High Voice)
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.