There are currently no items in your cart.
The Kaleidoscopic Pocket Hockets Boogaloo composed by Arthur Gottschalk. For Clarinet Choir, Bass Clarinet Choir. Chamber music, 20th century. Published by Potenza Music (P2.30037).
The Kaleidoscopic Pocket Hockets Boogaloo takes its title from Tom Wolfe's "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test," and its inspiration from the literary genre described as "Hysterical Realism." Hysterical realism, also called recherche postmodernism, is a term coined in 2000 by the English critic James Wood to describe a literary genre typified by a strong contrast between elaborately absurd prose, plotting, or characterization and careful, detailed investigations of real specific social phenomena. He used the term to denote the contemporary conception of the "big, ambitious novel" that pursues "vitality at all costs" and consequently "knows a thousand things but does not know a single human being." He decried the genre as an attempt to "turn fiction into social theory," and an attempt to tell us "how the world works rather than how somebody felt about something." The Kaleidoscopic Pocket Hockets Boogaloo uses elaborate and extravagant virtuosity from its performers and their instruments, incorporates styles ranging from Adams-like minimalism to Taj Mahal funk, and cites motives and progressions from works as diverse as "Grazin' in the Grass," "The Horse," and Stravinsky's "Ebony Concerto." But it does not know a single human being.
The Kaleidoscopic Pocket Hockets Boogaloo
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Kaleidoscopic Pocket Hockets Boogaloo
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Bass Clarinet Sheet Music
Ensemble: Clarinet Choir Music
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music