There are currently no items in your cart.
The Jazz Method for Trumpet composed by John O'Neill. For Trumpet. Schott. Book with CD. 125 pages. Schott Music #ED12470. Published by Schott Music (HL.49003222).
ISBN 0946535256. 9x12 inches.
This method provides a complete course for players of all ages, guiding students from their first note to 'classics', together with compositions by contemporary writers. Accompanied by high quality rhythm section tracks recorded on compact disc. Right from the start, students can enjoy authentic jazz sounds, playing in the company of professionals. With step-by-step instruction and a progression of specially written pieces, the fundamental elements of good technique are introduced alongside the rhythmic subtleties of jazz. Improvisation is encouraged from an early stage and is given direction through the systematic study of scales and arpeggios and advice on ear-training and chord patterns. With supplementary suggestions for listening and reading, and an Appendix containing all the chord progressions for 'live' accompaniment of the tunes, The Jazz Method is ideally suited to both students working alone and those learning with a teacher.
“John O'Neill has a solid understanding of jazz and how it can be taught. I highly recommend his educational jazz materials.” (Jamey Aebersold)
“...a rare opportunity for a new player (or a more experienced one) to develop a really musical facility. A rare addition to the jazz improvising library.” (Lee Konitz, international jazz saxophone soloist)
- includes 'classics' by Thelonious Monk, Charlie Parker, Sonny Rollins and Horace Silver -
“...very good original jazz tunes that students will use as stepping stones for further development... a non-jazz-playing flute teacher would probably find the book a godsend especially if students are studying GCSE music.” (Steve Tayton, Jazz Journal International) Part one: The foundation Techniques • Part two: Playing the Music • Part three: Appendices.
- Buzzing The Lips
- Buzzing The Lips
- Buzzing On The Mouthpiece
- Reference Note: G On The Trumpet
- Reference Note: F On The Trumpet
- Reference Note: E On The Trumpet
- Tuning Note: B Flat
- The Intro
- Blues For Beginners
- Into The Black
- The Bottom Line
- Double Entendre
- Oh When The Saints Go Marching In
- A Little Riff
- Home Bass
- Samba For Maya
- Evans' Scent
- Blue Jean
- In Series
- South View
- Devil Music
- For Dizzy
- Improvisation In C
- In Three
- Flat 5
- Delta City
- Minor Problem
- Bird Waltz (G Major)
- Bird Waltz (F Sharp Major)
- A Song For Sophie
- Like Benny
- The House In The Forest
- Moon Tune
- The Loneliest Monk
- The Magician
- "Trane Refrain
- Blue Monk
- A Bossa For Betty
- Claret And Blue
- Happy Feet
- Red Alert
- I Will Call You
- Emily's Bop
- Country Road
- Little Sunflower
- Endless Night
- A Night In Tunisia
- The Right Time
- Blue Bossa
- Triad Exercise
- Tango Cool
- Sweet Love Of Mine
- Changing Places
- Fall '90
- Pan Pipes
- Waltz For Evan Wetstream
- It's All Ours
- On The Street
- Destination Unknown
- Miold Man
To play the media you will need to update yourFlash plugin.
The Jazz Method for Trumpet
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Jazz Method for Trumpet
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music