There are currently no items in your cart.
The Jazz Guitar Stylings of Howard Roberts composed by Mitch Holder and Patty Roberts. For Guitar (All). Perfect binding, Solos. Jazz. Intermediate. Book. 112 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.20011).
ISBN 9780786674091. Jazz. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
The Jazz Stylings of Howard Roberts consists of transcriptions of melody, solo, comping examples and ensemble passages from Howard's extensive solo albums spanning from the '50's to the '70's in accurate detail. There is a bio of HR (as he was affectionately known to all of his acquaintances and fans) with personal comments from Pete Jolly, well known LA jazz and studio pianist who was best friends with Howard going back to their early days in Phoenix. An extensive section covers the history and development of the Epiphone© and Gibson© signature guitars that Howard created along with the Benson© amp story, which is told by Howard's original partner, Ron Benson, the first of the 'boutique' amplifier companies, so common today. Along the way, Howard's involvement with guitar education and publishing is described culminating in the opening of the Guitar Institute of Technology (now the Musicians Institute) in 1977. A discography of Howard's solo albums as well as the key hit records he played on and a list of the major motion picture soundtracks he participated in as a studio musician in Los Angeles are also included.
- Dedication by Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter
- Memories of Howard Roberts by Michael Anthony
- Remembrances of Howard by Bob Bain
- Author's Introduction by Mitch Holder
- A Brief H.R. Biography
- Bio Sidebar by Pete Jolly
- The Sound Of Howard Roberts
- Notes and Sources to the Transcriptions
- Glossary of Symbols
- The Transcriptions
- Serenata Burlesca
- Will You Still Be Mine
- Easy Living
- Theme to Route 66
- When Lights Are Low
- Hoe Down
- Shiny Stockings
- Down Under
- Li'l Darlin'
- Chim Chim Cher-ee
- Autumn Leaves
- Mr. Lucky
- Winchester Cathedral
- If She Walked Into My Life
- The Face I Love
- It's About TIme
- Quotes and Reminiscences
- Appendix B
- H.R.'s Toolbox: Mr. Roberts' Guitars
- H.R.'s Toolbox: The Benson Amp Story by Ron Benson
- Appendix C
- A Selected Discography
- Author Credits
The Jazz Guitar Stylings of Howard Roberts
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Jazz Guitar Stylings of Howard Roberts
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Electric Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook