There are currently no items in your cart.
The Irish Concertina edited by Mick Bramich. For Concertina. Flex bound, Methods. Celtic/Irish. Beginning. Book. 76 pages. Published by Dave Mallinson Publications (MB.AT102).
ISBN 9781899512256. Celtic/Irish. 8.25 x 11.75 inches.
Mick Bramich presents a systematic approach to playing the C/G Anglo concertina, Irish style. Many people buy or acquire an Anglo concertina and find that it is less intuitive to play than it first appears. What is needed is a systematic approach and, at last, here it is. You don't have to play specifically Irish music to utilize this style; the system employed is one of the most efficient ways of exploiting the peculiar nuances of this instrument and can be applied to any genre. Keys are presented in order of difficulty and all types of tune - including slow airs - are tackled. The book contains 17 photographs and numerous illustrations and diagrams; 14 reels, 20 jigs, 10 hornpipes and 12 miscellaneous tunes, (56 in total, many with chords), rudiments of music, an extensive bibliography and discography, and a chord chart. The optional CD contains extracts from each chapter and a selection of the tunes from the book. It is not totally essential that you be able to read musical notation to use this book, but musical notation is used without explanation.
The Irish Concertina
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Irish Concertina
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Format: Collection / Songbook