There are currently no items in your cart.
The Hammered Dulcimer's Companion composed by Phillip Mason. For Dulcimer (Hammered). Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. All Styles. Beginning-Intermediate. Book. 84 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.94019).
ISBN 9780871666802. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This book is a treasure-trove of information and music for all players of the hammered dulcimer. Phillip Mason has written the definitive text on the history, tuning, playing technique, harmonic dimensions, construction, and repair of the "sweet-voiced" instrument. In an extensive essay, he also shares his thoughts on the fundamentals of singing with the hammered dulcimer. Concepts revealed here would be useful to anyone who aspires to sing, or improve ones singing technique. Music and lyrics for 34 songs are included in the "Music Section" followed by construction tips and plans for building your own hammered dulcimer.
- America The Beautiful Performed by Samuel Ward
- Big Rock Candy Mountain
- Boys Of Wexford
- The Men Of Harlech
- Marching Through Georgia Performed by Henry Clay Work
- Ode to Joy Performed by Ludwig Van Beeethoven
- The Wind That Shakes The Barley Performed by Rev. J.K. Alwood
- Over The Hills To Glory
- Country Gardens
- Over The Border
- The British Grenadiers
- The Church In The Wildwood Performed by William S. Pitts
- Wild Mountain Thyme Performed by Rev. J.K. Alwood
- Morpeth Rant
- The Unclouded Day Performed by Rev. J.K. Alwood
- The Westminster Clock Chimes Performed by Rev. J.K. Alwood
- Dwelling In Beulah Land
- Arkansas Traveller
- Speed The Plough
- Flowers of Edinburgh
- The Ash Grove
- Swannee River Performed by Stephen Foster
- The Morning Star
- The White Cockade Performed by Rev. J.K. Alwood
- Irish Washerwoman
- Angels We Have Heard On High
- Lovely Nancy
- The Camptown Races Performed by Stephen Foster
- Times Are Getting Hard Performed by Rev. J.K. Alwood
- Heavenly Sunlight
- MacPherson's Farewell
- Shandon Bells
The Hammered Dulcimer's Companion
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Hammered Dulcimer's Companion
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Hammered Dulcimer Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook