The Guitar of Merle Travis
Guitar (fingerpicking) - Multiple Levels
Composed by Marcel Dadi. Boxed, Solos. Grossman Guitar Workshop. Country. DVD. Duration 95 minutes. Published by Grossman's Guitar Workshop (MB.GW918DVD).
Item Number: MB.GW918DVD
5.25 x 7.5 inches.
Merle Travis's playing combined blues, jazz, ragtime and country music into a unique style that defined "Country Fingerstyle Guitar." In this exciting dvd lesson, Marcel Dadi teaches seven of Merle's greatest instrumentals: Fuller's Blues, Cane Break Blues, Blue Bells, Saturday Night Shuffle, Memphis Blues, Cannon Ball Rag and Walkin' The Strings. All the tunes are transcribed in a 60 page tab/music booklet. As well, five rare performances from 1951 of Merle Travis playing Nine Pound Hammer, Lost John, John Henry, Mus'rat and Too Much Sugar For A Dime are included in the dvd.
- Blue Bells
- Cane Break Blues Performed by Merle Travis
- Cannonball Rag Performed by Merle Travis
- Fuller's Blues Performed by Arr: Merle Travis
- John Henry Performed by Arr: Merle Travis
- Lost John Performed by Arr: Merle Travis
- Nine Pound Hammer Performed by Merle Travis
- Saturday Night Shuffle Performed by Merle Travis
- The Memphis Blues
- Too Much Sugar For A Dime Performed by Merle Travis
- Walkin' The Strings Performed by Merle Travis