There are currently no items in your cart.
The Guitar of Blind Willie Johnson composed by Tom Feldmann. For Guitar (Slide/Bottleneck). Boxed, Technic. Grossman Guitar Workshop. Blues. Intermediate. DVD. Duration 128 minutes. Published by Grossman's Guitar Workshop (MB.GW831DVD).
Blind Willie Johnson recorded thirty songs from 1927-1930 and of those thirty he used a slide on only twelve. There has been much debate surrounding how he played and what he played with, but regardless of "how" or "what" those twelve songs stand as some of the best slide guitar ever recorded. In this lesson Tom Feldmann breaks down the complexities of eight of Johnson's classics. You will see how Johnson created his "as you feel" bass lines by utilizing alternating, monotonic and 'brushing' bass techniques. Of course, the defining element of Johnson's songs was his unearthly slide playing which Tom shows in detail teaching you Johnson's strike and slides, pull-offs and vibrato.
A detailed tab/music booklet is included as a PDF file on the DVD. In addition the original recordings of all the tunes are included.
Titles include: Bye And Bye I'm Goin' To See The King, You're Gonna Need Somebody On Your Bond, Dark Was The Night Cold Was The Ground, God Don't Never Change, Lord I Just Cant Keep From Crying, Keep Your Lamp Trimmed And Burning, I Know His Blood Can Make Me Whole and Jesus Make Up My Dying Bed.
The Guitar of Blind Willie Johnson
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Guitar of Blind Willie Johnson
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Electric Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Blues Sheet Music