There are currently no items in your cart.
The Great Jazz Guitarists - Part 1 for Guitar. Music Sales America. Jazz. Softcover. 160 pages. Music Sales #SMT2090. Published by Music Sales (HL.14013285).
ISBN 1860742440. Jazz. 9x12 inches.
Essential for the jazz enthusiast, this book provides detailed analysis of the individual playing styles and interpretive techniques of leading jazz guitarists, such as Eddie Durham and Lonnie Johnson.
Includes transcriptions of recordings: Ain't Misbehavin' (Djanjo Reinhardt) • By Heck (Dick McDonough) • Chasing Shadows (Django Reinhardt) • Cheers and Carvin' the Bird (Barney Kessel) • Cherokee • Deep Minor Rhythm Stomp (Lonnie Johnson) • Dinah (Django Reinhardt) • Four or Five Times (Teddy Bunn) • Guilty (Tony Mottola) • Here's That Rainy Day (Louis Stewart) • Hittin' the Bottle (Eddie Durham) • Honeysuckle Rose (Charlie Christian) • How High the Moon (Les Paul) • I Surrender, Dear (Charlie Christian) • If I Could Be with You One Hour Tonight (Allan Reuss) • I'm Coming, Virginia (Eddie Lang) • In De Ruff (Eddie Lang) • I've Got the World on a String (Teddy Bunn) • Love Me or Leave Me (Eddie Durham) • Nuages (Django Reinhardt) • Paducah (Lonnie Johnson) • September in the Rain (Billy Bauer) • Singin' the Blues 'til My Daddy Comes Home (Eddie Lang) • Someday Sweetheart (Eddie Lang) • Stringin' the Blues (Eddie Lang) • Sweet Georgia Brown (Oscar Moore) • S'wonderful (Carl Kress) • The Sheik of Araby (Charlie Christian) • Three Blind Mice (Eddie Lang) • Tonsillectomy (Arv Garrison) • Two Moods (Carmen Mastren) • Way Down Yonder in New Orleans (Teddy Bunn) • What Is This Thing Called Love (Billy Bauer) • Whispering (Oscar Aleman).
- Ain't Misbehavin Performed by Django Reinhardt
- By Heck Performed by Dick Mcdonought
- Chasing Shadows Performed by Django Reinhardt
- Cheers And Carvin The Bird Performed by Barney Kessel
- Cherokee Performed by Chuck Wayne
- Deep Minor Rhythm Stomp Performed by Lonnie Johnson
- Dinah Performed by Django Reinhardt
- Four Or Five Times Performed by Teddy Bunn
- Guitly Performed by Tony Mottola
- Here's That Rainy Day Performed by Louis Stewart
- Hittin' The Bottle Performed by Eddie Durham
- Honeysuckle Rose Performed by Charlie Christian
- How Hight The Moon Performed by Les Paul
- I Surrender, Dear Performed by Charlie Christian
- If I Could Be with You One Hour Tonight Performed by Allan Reuss
- I'm Coming, Virgina Performed by Eddie Lang
- In De Ruff Performed by Eddie Lang
- I've Got The World On A String Performed by Teddy Bunn
- Love Me Or Leave Me Performed by Eddie Durham
- Nuages Performed by Django Reinhardt
- Paducah Performed by Lonnie Johnson
- September In The Rain Performed by Billy Bauer
- Singin' The Blues Til My Daddy Comes Home Performed by Eddie Lang
- Someday Sweetheart Performed by Eddie Lang
- Stringin' The Blues Performed by Eddie Lang
- Sweet Georgia Brown Performed by Oscar Moore
- S'wonderful Performed by Carl Kress
- The Sheik Of Araby Performed by Charlie Christian
- Three Blind Mice Performed by Eddie Lang
- Tonsillectomy Performed by Arv Garrison
- Two Moods Performed by Carmen Mastren
- Way Down Yonder In New Orleans Performed by Teddy Bunn
- What Is This Thing Called Love Performed by Billy Bauer
- Whispering Performed by Oscar Aleman
The Great Jazz Guitarists - Part 1
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Great Jazz Guitarists - Part 1
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Electric Guitar Sheet Music
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook