There are currently no items in your cart.
The Firth of Forth composed by Joseph Jay McIntyre. For concert band. Grade 3. Full score. Published by TRN Music Publisher (TU.FSFIR1).
The Firth of Forth is the estuary (or "firth") of Scotland's river "Forth," where it flows in the North Sea. The area is probably best known for the massive bridge spanning the Forth. Built in 1890, the all steel bridge was "overbuilt" to assure those who crossed that it could withstand the harsh punishment from the fierce storms which frequent the area. This piece, written for young players, exemplifies both the might of the beautiful bridge, with the strong opening statement in the strings and timpani, and the serene beauty of the Scottish countryside with the middle section featuring winds, harp and trumpet solo. The harp part can easily be substituted with a keyboard instrument.
Joseph Jay McIntyre, percussionist, composer, conductor, and teacher resides in the Washington D.C. area. Currently principal timpanist with the Maryland Symphony Orchestra, McIntyre also appears frequently as a percussionist and timpanist with the National Symphony Orchestra, the Kennedy Center Opera House Orchestra, the National Gallery Orchestra, the Washington Symphonic Brass, and the Alexandria Symphony. He has also toured extensively in the United States and Japan as a solo marimbist for Affiliate Artists. As a composer, his works, both secular and sacred, have been performed throughout the United States, Europe, and Japan. McIntyre's "Missa Brevis for Chorus, Organ, and Percussion" was premiered in 1997 by the Fairfax Choral Society. Subsequently, "Missa Brevis," entirely rescored for full orchestra and chorus, received its New York City premiere at Carnegie Hall in May, 2000 under the direction of Jonathan Willcocks. Regarding the "Missa Brevis" the Washington Post reported: "He has managed to achieve balances that allow the musicians to cooperate rather than compete, and his vocal lines are as idiomatic as the percussion material." His orchestral work, "Salute!", commissioned by the Maryland Symphony Orchestra in dedication to founding Music Director, Barry Tuckwell, was premiered under Mr. McIntyre's direction on March 21, 1998. McIntyre's other orchestral works include "The Firth of Forth" and "Maillot Jaune (Yellow Jersey)," each commissioned by the Maryland Classic Youth Orchestra, and published with TRN Music. Additional published works include "Rain Dance for Percussion Trio," written for One Earth Percussion Theatre. Mr. McIntyre is a graduate of the University of Maryland.
The Firth of Forth
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Firth of Forth
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 3