The First Book for Pianists
Solo piano - SMP Level 4 (Intermediate)
By Scott Price. By Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Willard A. Palmer. Graded Standard Repertoire; Masterworks; Piano Collection. Alfred Masterwork Library CD Editions. Baroque and Method. Collection and examples CD. With standard notation, fingerings and introductory text (does not include words to the songs). 24 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.20854).
Item Number: AP.20854
ISBN 0739022377. 9x12 inches.
As with all Alfred masterwork Editions, the 13 selections of this book appear in their original, unsimplified forms. Menuets, marches, musettes and preludes comprise this carefully edited volume for early-intermediate pianists. Background material describes dance forms, ornamentation and dotted rhythms. Editorial indications for tempi, dynamics and articulations appear in gray print, and are based on scholarly research. It provides a valuable introduction to the keyboard works of this master composer. Pianist Scott Price has beautifully recorded all the pieces in the book, included on Compact Disc.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 2-4.
About SMP Level 4 (Intermediate)
Introduction of 4-note chords and sixteenth notes. Hand movement covering 2 to 3 octaves.
- March in D Major, BWV Anh. 122
- March in G Major, BWV Anh. 124
- Menuet in Bb Major, BWV Anh. 117
- Menuet in D Minor, BWV Anh. 132
- Menuet in G Major, BWV Anh. 114
- Menuet in G Minor, BWV Anh. 115
- Menuet in G Minor, BWV 842
- Musette from English Suite in G Minor, BWV 808
- Musette in D Major, BWV Anh. 126
- Polonaise inn G Minor, BWV Anh. 119
- Prelude in C Major, BWV 939
- Prelude in C Minor ("Lute Prelude"), BWV 999
- Prelude in G Minor, BWV 929