The Festival Collection!, Book 5
Piano - Late Intermediate
Edited by Helen Marlais. Classical. Succeeding with the Masters. Classical, Baroque, Classical Period, Romantic Period, 20th Century, Instructional, Method and Solos. Instrumental solo book and performance CD. With standard notation. 104 pages. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.FF1589).
Item Number: FJ.FF1589
ISBN 1-56939-593-4. 9x12 inches.
The pieces included in Book 5 will challenge and propel your students forward towards advanced repertoire, as well as provide students with the necessary literature to obtain a command of pianistic technique. Book 5 will develop their unique sense of artistry and interpretation, and an overall control and personalized understanding of the standard repertoire. Some of the highlighted composers and pieces are: Jean-Philippe Rameau (Rigaudon), Franz Joseph Haydn (Arietta with Variations), Enrique Granados (Vals sentimental), and Claude Debussy (Le petit negre).
About Succeeding with the Masters
Succeeding with the Masters is a series dedicated to the authentic keyboard works of the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Twentieth-Century masters.
This series provides a complete and easily accessible method for learning and performing the works of the masters. Each book presents the works in historical perspective for the student, and provides the means and the motivation to play these pieces in the correct stylistic, musical, and technical manner. The easily understandable format of practice strategies and musical concepts make this series enjoyable for both students and teachers.
Succeeding with the Masters begins with late-elementary repertoire, continues through intermediate-level works and also includes a few early-advanced works. Upon completion of the series, students will be well prepared for the major keyboard works by the master composers of each era.
- Bourree in F major Composed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Aire Composed by Jean-Baptiste Loeillet
- The Prince of Denmark's March Composed by Jeremiah Clarke
- Marche Composed by Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach
- Hornpipe Composed by Henry Purcell
- Passepied Composed by Johann Philipp Kirnberger
- Rigaudon Composed by Jean-Philippe Rameau
- Bourree in G minor Composed by Gottfried Heinrich Stolzel
- Sonatina in G major (Op. 20, No. 1, Movement 1) Composed by Jan Ladislav Dussek
- Sonatina in F major (Op. 168, No. 1, Movement 3) Composed by Anton Diabelli
- Allegro (Op. 52, No. 2) Composed by Hummell, Johann Nepomuk
- Sonatina in E flat major (Op. 37, No. 1, Movement 1) Composed by Muzio Clementi
- Sonatina in G major (Hob. XVI/8, Movement 1) Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Sonatina in C major (Op. 36, No. 3, Movements 1 & 2) Composed by Muzio Clementi
- Arietta with Variations (Hob. XVII/2) Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Romance (Op. 31/No. 7) Composed by Glier, Reyngol'd
- L'adieu (The farewell, Op. 100, No. 12) Composed by Johann Friedrich Burgmuller
- Pantalon (Op. 25, No. 3) Composed by Beach, Amy Marcy Cheney
- The Avalanche (Op. 45, No. 3) Composed by Stephen Heller
- Minuet (Op. 23, No. 1) Composed by Erkki Melartin
- Vals Sentimental Composed by Enrique Granados
- Waltz (Op. 12, No. 2) Composed by Edvard Grieg
- Elves' Dance (Op. 12, No. 4) Composed by Edvard Grieg
- Improvisation (Op. 18) Composed by Max Reger
- Prelude in C minor (Op. 8, No. 1) Composed by Henryk Pachulski
- Evening at the Village Composed by Bela Bartok
- Le Petit Negre Composed by Claude Debussy
- The Banjo Player Composed by Kaylor, Fritz
- First Gymnnopedie Composed by Erik Satie
- Russian Dance Composed by Alexandre Tansman
- Play: for Piano Composed by Eshpai, Andrei
- Caravan Composed by Machavariani
- Moonlit Meadows (Op. 65, No. 12) Composed by Sergei Prokofiev
- Toccatina No. 1 Composed by Dianne Goolkasian Rahbee