The Festival Collection!, Book 3
Piano - Early Intermediate
Edited by Helen Marlais. Classical. Succeeding with the Masters. Classical, Baroque, Classical Period, Romantic Period, 20th Century, Instructional, Method and Solos. Instrumental solo book and performance CD. With standard notation. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.FF1587).
Item Number: FJ.FF1587
ISBN 1-56939-522-5. 9x12 inches.
Book 3 begins the introduction of literature for the Early Intermediate student. The repertoire included in this level will provide your students the necessary structure and experience that will allow them to hone their abilities and fine-tune their technique and interpretation. These pieces will carefully lead them towards the Intermediate and Late Intermediate level repertoire. Features pieces by composers such as: Georg Philipp Telemann (Fantasie); Franz Joseph Haydn (Sonata in F major, Third Movement: Scherzo); and Dmitri Kabalevsky (Five Variations on a Russian Folk Song, Opus 51, No. 1).
About Succeeding with the Masters
Succeeding with the Masters is a series dedicated to the authentic keyboard works of the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Twentieth-Century masters.
This series provides a complete and easily accessible method for learning and performing the works of the masters. Each book presents the works in historical perspective for the student, and provides the means and the motivation to play these pieces in the correct stylistic, musical, and technical manner. The easily understandable format of practice strategies and musical concepts make this series enjoyable for both students and teachers.
Succeeding with the Masters begins with late-elementary repertoire, continues through intermediate-level works and also includes a few early-advanced works. Upon completion of the series, students will be well prepared for the major keyboard works by the master composers of each era.
- Minuet in A Minor Composed by Krieger, Johann
- Minuet in G Major Composed by Wilhelm Friedemann Bach
- Fantasie Composed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Minuet in E Minor Composed by Henry Purcell
- Minuet in C Major Composed by Seixas, Carlos De
- Gigue Composed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Minuet in G Minor, BWV Anh. 115 Composed by Pezold, Christian
- Minuet in D minor Composed by Johann Heinrich Buttstett
- The Fifers Composed by Jean-francois Dandrieu
- Never A Dull Moment Composed by Turk, Daniel-Gottlob
- Adagio Composed by Streibelt, Daniel
- Sonatina in G Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Sonatina in G Major, Op. 151, No. 1, Movement 2 Composed by Anton Diabelli
- Sonata in F Major, Hob. HVI/9, Movement 3 Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- Sonatina in C Major, Op. 36, No. 1 Composed by Muzio Clementi
- Dance Composed by Christian Gottlob Neefe
- Innocence, Op. 100, No. 5 Composed by Johann Friedrich Burgmuller
- Progress, Op. 100, No. 6 Composed by Johann Friedrich Burgmuller
- Through Forest and Field Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- In the Garden, Op. 82, No. 4 Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Song, Op. 183 Composed by Carl Reinecke
- Arabesque, Op. 100, No. 2 Composed by Johann Friedrich Burgmuller
- Hunting Music, Op. 210, No. 5 Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Praeludium, Op. 183, No. 1 Composed by Carl Reinecke
- Romantic Study, Op. 139, No. 49 Composed by Carl Czerny
- Romantic Study, Op. 261, No. 54 Composed by Carl Czerny
- Andantino, Op. 55, No. 3 Composed by Theodor Kirchner
- Kamarinskaya, Op. 39, No. 14 Composed by Tchaikovsky, Pyotr Ilyich
- Highwayman's Tune Composed by Bela Bartok
- Play it Again Composed by Christopher Norton
- Machines on the Loose Composed by Kevin Olson
- Five Variations on a Russian Folk Song, Op. 51, No. 1 Composed by Dmitri Kabalevsky
- The Elegant Toreador Composed by Berstein, Seymour
- Waltz, Op. 105, No. 7 Composed by Dianne Goolkasian Rahbee
- Little Shepherd Composed by Maykapar, Samuel
- Playing Soldiers, Op. 31, No. 4 Composed by Vladimir Rebikov
- Waves Composed by Emma Lou Diemer