The Festival Collection!, Book 2
Piano - Late Elementary
Edited by Helen Marlais. Classical. Succeeding with the Masters. Classical, Baroque, Classical Period, Romantic Period, 20th Century, Instructional, Method and Solos. Instrumental solo book and performance CD. With standard notation. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.FF1586).
Item Number: FJ.FF1586
ISBN 1-56939-565-9. 9x12 inches.
Book 2 continues on the path toward the master works set forth in Book 1, providing students with continued exposure to the repertoire available at the late elementary level. In Book 2, the literature choices increase gradually in difficulty, adding more musical and technical challenges for careful and continued growth in the students' studies. This collection will give students the opportunity to polish their abilities in playing the repertoire that spans the elementary level. Features pieces by composers such as: Arcangelo Corelli (Sarabande); Beethoven (Russian Folksong, Opus 107, No. 3); Louis Kohler (Theme and Variation from Opus 300); and Manfred Schmitz (Mister Czerny in New Orleans).
About Succeeding with the Masters
Succeeding with the Masters is a series dedicated to the authentic keyboard works of the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Twentieth-Century masters.
This series provides a complete and easily accessible method for learning and performing the works of the masters. Each book presents the works in historical perspective for the student, and provides the means and the motivation to play these pieces in the correct stylistic, musical, and technical manner. The easily understandable format of practice strategies and musical concepts make this series enjoyable for both students and teachers.
Succeeding with the Masters begins with late-elementary repertoire, continues through intermediate-level works and also includes a few early-advanced works. Upon completion of the series, students will be well prepared for the major keyboard works by the master composers of each era.
- King William's March Composed by Jeremiah Clarke
- Rigaudon Composed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Burleske (from Leopold Mozart's Notebook) Composed by Unknown
- Gavotte Composed by Speer, Daniel
- Minuet in F Major Composed by Johann Kuhnau
- Menuet en Rondeau Composed by Jean-Philippe Rameau
- Sarabande Composed by Arcangelo Corelli
- The Village Prophet Composed by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- Sonatina in C Major Composed by Andre, Johann Anton
- Allegro Composed by Alexander Reinagle
- Sonatina in G Composed by Thomas Attwood
- Lesson I Composed by James Hook
- Bagatelle Composed by Anton Diabelli
- Swabian Tune Composed by Bach, Johann Christian Friedrich
- Scotch Dance No. 1 Composed by Friedrich Kuhlau
- Little Dance Composed by Turk, Daniel-Gottlob
- Russian Folksong, Op. 107, No. 3 Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- The Hunting Horns And The Echo Composed by Turk, Daniel-Gottlob
- A Hymn Composed by Schytte, Ludwig
- Petite Prelude Composed by Schytte, Ludwig
- The Hunt, Op. 117, No. 15 Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Etude Composed by Ferdinand Beyer
- Mazurka, Op. 36, No. 23 Composed by Alexander Gedike
- Song without Words Composed by Fritz Spindler
- Theme and Variation, Op. 300 Composed by Louis Kohler
- Hunting Horns Composed by Oesten, Theodore
- Night Journey Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Timid Little Heart, Op. 47, No. 5 Composed by Robert Fuchs
- To the Garden Composed by Alexandre Tansman
- Rippling Waters Composed by Dianne Goolkasian Rahbee
- Mister Czerny in New Orleans Composed by Manfred Schmitz
- Waltz Time Composed by Manfred Schmitz
- The Bear Composed by Vladimir Rebikov
- Long Gone Blues Composed by George Frederick McKay
- Two's Company Composed by Alec Rowley
- Una Capricciosa Nuvola Estiva (A Capricious Summer Cloud) Composed by Ermirio, Federico