The Festival Collection!, Book 1
Piano - SMP Level 2 (Late Elementary)
Edited by Helen Marlais. Classical. Succeeding with the Masters. Baroque, Classical Period, Romantic Period, 20th Century, Classical, Instructional, Method and Solos. Instrumental solo book and performance CD. With standard notation. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.FF1625).
Item Number: FJ.FF1625
ISBN 1-56939-564-0. With standard notation. Baroque, Classical Period, Romantic Period, 20th Century, Classical, Instructional, Method and Solos. 9x12 inches.
Book 1 provides teachers and students with superior elementary repertoire available by the master composers. These pieces furnish students with the necessary repertoire to develop solid technique, and to cultivate a sense of musicality that is necessary in playing the works of the masters. Features pieces by composers such as: Michael Praetorius (Old German Dance), Anton Diabelli (Song), Fritz Spindler (Spring Waltz), and Alexandre Tansman (Arabia).
About Succeeding with the Masters
Succeeding with the Masters is a series dedicated to the authentic keyboard works of the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Twentieth-Century masters.
This series provides a complete and easily accessible method for learning and performing the works of the masters. Each book presents the works in historical perspective for the student, and provides the means and the motivation to play these pieces in the correct stylistic, musical, and technical manner. The easily understandable format of practice strategies and musical concepts make this series enjoyable for both students and teachers.
Succeeding with the Masters begins with late-elementary repertoire, continues through intermediate-level works and also includes a few early-advanced works. Upon completion of the series, students will be well prepared for the major keyboard works by the master composers of each era.
About SMP Level 2 (Late Elementary)
5-finger patterns still used but position changes are more frequent including one octave scale passages. Some 3 note chords.
- Old German Dance Composed by Michael Praetorius
- Allemande Composed by Johann Hermann Schein
- Canary Composed by Hove, Joachim Van Den
- Petit Minuet Composed by Jean-Nicolas Geoffroy
- Intrada Composed by Paul Peuerl
- Petit Rondo Composed by Jean-Nicolas Geoffroy
- Minuet Composed by Turk, Daniel-Gottlob
- A Carefree Fellow Composed by Turk, Daniel-Gottlob
- Sonatina Composed by Turk, Daniel-Gottlob
- Song Composed by Anton Diabelli
- Allegro Composed by Alexander Reinagle
- Agitato (T349/1) Composed by Bach, Johann Christian / Ricci, Francesco Pasquale
- A Song (Op. 36, No. 3) Composed by Alexander Gedike
- The Young Dancer (Op. 117, No. 7) Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Kitten Play (Op. 117, No. 9) Composed by Cornelius Gurlitt
- Valsette Composed by Vogel, Moritz
- Spring Waltz Composed by Fritz Spindler
- Trumpets Composed by Kutnowski, Martin
- Snowflakes Gently Falling Composed by Dianne Goolkasian Rahbee
- The Sparrows Composed by Rubbach, A.
- Hungarian Song Composed by Bela Bartok
- Arabia Composed by Alexandre Tansman
- Air for Southpaw Composed by Frackenpohl, Arthur R.
- The Shepherd Plays Composed by Salutrinskaya, Tat'iana