There are currently no items in your cart.
The Evolution of Blast Beats for Drums. Percussion. Softcover with CD. 120 pages. Hudson Music #HDBK15. Published by Hudson Music (HL.6620120).
ISBN 1423460162. 9x12 inches.
An in-depth look at today's extreme metal drumming styles, this book was written by one of the genre's emerging leading practitioners, Derek Roddy. The book covers extreme styles such as speed metal, grindcore and death metal but is also designed to improve speed, coordination, endurance and independence as well as balance and breathing that are crucial for all styles of playing. Drummers, teachers, and students will learn the history and evolution of this underground playing style that includes bomb blasts, hyper blasts, freehand blasts and traditional blasts while also learning the essential techniques needed to develop and execute the high-speed patterns. An accompanying audio CD features recorded examples, exercises, grooves and loops, plus three extreme metal play-along songs with charts and transcriptions.
Having had an interest in music from an early age, Derek Roddy came to be a fan of music long before becoming a musician. Although Derek is capable of playing many instruments and styles, he is known throughout the Death Metal community for his phenomenal, physical, inventive and inspiring drumming. He has performed with such bands as: Serpents Rise, Traumedy, Hate Eternal, Malevolent Creation, Nile, Divine Empire, Aurora Borealis and Council of the Fallen.
The Evolution of Blast Beats
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Evolution of Blast Beats
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.