There are currently no items in your cart.
The Evil Eye and the Hideous Heart composed by Alan Lee Silva. For Full Score. Carl Fischer Concert String Orchestra Series. Grade 3 and up. Full score (large). Published by Carl Fischer (CF.CAS57F).
Based on the classic Edgar Allan Poe short story The Tell-Tale Heart, composer Alan Lee Silva shows a more dramatic and darker side to his writing. Originally commissioned as a work reminiscent of a classic Hollywood horror movie theme, the piece follows the story of one of Poe's most famous thrillers. An excellent literary tie-in for your students studying the structure of a story in Language Arts, it appeals to their sense of mystery with a delicious touch of the macabre. The basses act as the low, ominous threat of danger, and the upper voices represent the insanity of the narrator's twisted plan. A real thriller! Duration: 4:52.
About Carl Fischer Concert String Orchestra Series
This series of pieces (Grade 3 and higher) is designed for advancing ensembles. The pieces in this series are characterized by:ulliExpanded use of rhythms, ranges and keys but technical demands are still carefully considered/liliMore comprehensive bowing techniques/liliViola T.C. included/liliCareful selection of keys and degree of difficulty for advancing musicians/li/ul/p/div
The Evil Eye and the Hideous Heart
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Evil Eye and the Hideous Heart
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: String Orchestra Music
Genre: Classical Sheet Music