There are currently no items in your cart.
The Essential Baroque Collection (The Gold Series). By Various. For Piano. Music Sales America. Baroque. Softcover. 160 pages. Chester Music #CH70576. Published by Chester Music (HL.14010519).
ISBN 1846092256. Baroque. 9x12 inches.
A sumptuous selection of the very best keyboard music of the Baroque era by composers ranging from Henry Purcell to J.S. Bach and beyond, all presented in one superb volume for the solo piano. The music of the Baroque is characterised by innovation and invention, both in the compositions of the great courts and of the church. With a melting pot of styles reaching back to the complex polyphony of the Renaissance, while simultaneously pushing forwards towards the diatonic elegance of the later Classical era, it is no surprise that such masterpieces as Pachelbel's Canon in D and Handel's Zadok the Priest are as popular today as ever. Every piece in this anthology is rich in heritage, and familiar to the ears of music lovers the world over. Take this opportunity to transform your repertoire – the music has been expertly adapted to appeal to the intermediate soloist whilst retaining all the beauty and character of the original works. There's simply no better way to discover the music of the masters.
- Air (Water Music) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Air On The G String (Orchestral Suite No.3 In D) Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Allegro (Brandenburg Concerto No 3 In G) Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Allegro (Water Music) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Arioso Performed by Alessandro Scarlatti
- Badinerie (Orchestral Suite No.2 In B Minor) Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Beatus Vir (Gloria) Performed by Antonio Vivaldi
- Canon In D Performed by Johann Pachelbel
- Fantasia In B Minor Performed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- First Movement (Christmas Concerto) Performed by Arcangelo Corelli
- First Movement (Concerto No.2 'L'Estro Armonico') Performed by Antonio Vivaldi
- First Movement (Harpsichord Concerto No.5 In F Minor) Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- First Movement (The Four Seasons Op.8 No.1 'Spring') Performed by Antonio Vivalidi
- First Movement Excerpt (The Four Seasons Op.8 No.2 'Autumn') Performed by Antonio Vivaldi
- Gigue Performed by Johann Pachelbel
- Gloria Performed by Antonio Vivaldi
- Hornpipe (Water Music) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Lachrimae Antiquae (Flow My Tears) Performed by John Dowland
- Largo: Ombra Mai Fu (Xerxes) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Lascia Ch'io Pianga (Rinaldo) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- O Clap Your Hands Performed by Orlando Gibbons
- Overture (Messiah) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Overture (Water Music) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Prelude in C Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Presto Finale (Water Music) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Queen Elizabeth Galliard Performed by John Dowland
- Sarabande In D Minor Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Second Movement (Christmas Concerto) Performed by Arcangelo Corelli
- Second Movement (The Four Seasons Op.8 No.2 'Summer') Performed by Antonio Vivalidi
- See The Conquering Hero Comes (Judas Maccabeaus) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Sheep May Safely Graze (Cantata No.208) Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Sleepers Wake (Wachet Auf, Ruft Uns Die Stimme Cantata No.140) Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Solfeggietto in C Minor Performed by Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach
- Sonata in G Performed by Alessandro Scarlatti
- Stabat Mater Performed by Giovanni Battista Pergolesi
- Suite No.4 In A Minor Performed by Henry Purcell
- The Arrival Of The Queen Of Sheba (Solomon) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- The Harmonious Blacksmith (Air And Variations) Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Theme And Variations (Partita In A Minor) Performed by Domenico Zipoli
- Third Movement (The Four Seasons Op.8 No.4 'Winter') Performed by Antonio Vivalidi
- Thou Knowest, Lord (Funeral Music For Queen Mary) Performed by Henry Purcell
- Toccata Performed by Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck
- Two-part Invention No.8 In F Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Un Certo Non So Che Performed by Antonio Vivaldi
- When I Am Laid In Earth (Dido And Aeneas) Performed by Henry Purcell
- Zadok the Priest Performed by George Frideric Handel
The Essential Baroque Collection
The Gold Series
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Essential Baroque Collection
The Gold Series
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Piano Solo Sheet Music
Genre: Baroque Period Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook