There are currently no items in your cart.
The complete motets (without Bc) composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Uwe Wolf. This edition: Paperbound. Stuttgart Urtext Edition, Choral collections, Music for casuals. German title: Samtliche Motetten ohne Bc (U.Wolf). Sacred, Motets; Choral Collections, Mixed Choir, Music for Casuals, Stuttgart Urtext editions; Occasions: Praise and thanks; Use during church year: Easter and Eastertide. Choral collection. 144 pages. Published by Carus Verlag (CA.3122410).
ISBN M-007-08917-7. Sacred, Motets; Choral Collections, Mixed Choir, Music for Casuals, Stuttgart Urtext editions; Occasions: Praise and thanks; Use during church year: Easter and Eastertide.
The popularity of Johann Sebastian Bach's motets is matched by the problematic manner in which they have been handed down to us. The autograph scores and parts used by Bach have been preserved for only two motets. For the remaining motets we must be content with copies whose reliability is, at best, inconsistent. Current editions of the motets are based primarily on the Neue Bach-Ausgabe (1965), which until now has been widely accepted as the standard text for these works. In the meantime, however, additional copies have been discovered and our knowledge concerning the music of Bach has been considerably advanced. In light of these developments it was time for a complete critical reevaluation of the complex situation of the sources. The result is an edition in which the music has changed in countless details and it is hoped that we have come a good deal closer to the intentions of Bach.
- Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied, BWV 225 (Sing to the Lord a new song) - B-Dur/B-flat major Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Der Geist hilft unser Schwachheit auf, BWV 226 (The Spirit makes our weakness strong) - B-Dur/B-flat major Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Jesu, meine Freude, BWV 227 (Jesu, thou my pleasure) - e-Moll/E minor Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Furchte dich nicht, ich bin bei dir, BWV 228 (Be not afraid, I am with you) - A-Dur/A major Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Komm, Jesu, komm, BWV 229 (Come, Jesu, come) - g-Moll/G minor Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Lobet den Herrn, alle Heiden, BWV 110 (Praise ye the Lord, all ye nations) - C-Dur/C major Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Ich lasse dich nicht, du segnest mich denn, BWV Anh. II 159 - f-Moll/F minor Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
The complete motets (without Bc)
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The complete motets (without Bc)
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Choir Sheet Music
Ensemble: Choir Music
Format: Collection / Songbook