The Complete Laurindo Almeida Anthology of Guitar Trios
Guitar (classical) - Intermediate
Composed by Laurindo Almeida. Edited by Ronald C. Purcell. Saddle-stitched, Trios. Brazilliance Music Pub. Classic. Book. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.99756).
Item Number: MB.99756
ISBN 9780786661879. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
Laurindo Almeida (1917-1995) belongs to an elite group of Brazilian/American guitarists, who by composing important works for the guitar reinstated the instrument in his native country as worthy of serious musical study. This collection presents Almeida's trios preserving the original left and right hand fingerings. Written in standard notation only.
- Allegro (K.52) Performed by Domenico Scarlatti
- Clair De Lune Performed by Claude Debussy
- El Puerto Performed by Isaac Albeniz
- Etude (Opus 10. No. 3) Performed by Frederic Chopin
- Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (Cantata No. 147) Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Prelude in C Sharp Minor Performed by Sergei Rachmaninoff
- Tchaikovsky's Serenade Performed by Peter Ilich Tchaikovsky