The Comedy Songs Of George & Ira Gershwin
Piano, Keyboard, Voice (PIANO/VOCAL/CHORDS)
Composed by George Gershwin (1898-1937) and Ira Gershwin. Artist/Personality; Masterworks; Personality Book; Piano/Vocal/Chords. P/V/G Composer Collection. 20th Century; Broadway; Masterwork Arrangement. 116 pages. Alfred Music #PFM0037. Published by Alfred Music (HL.321539).
Item Number: HL.321539
ISBN 0757901344. 9x12 inches. George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin.
George and Ira Gershwin wrote many of the best-known Broadway standards of our time. This book focuses on some of their best comedic work, which helped to define the characters as well as the story lines of many of their greatest shows. Titles include: The Babbitt and the Bromide * Could You Use Me * I Won't Say I Will, but I Won't Say I Won't * I'm a Poached Egg * Just Another Rhumba * Mischa, Jascha, Tascha, Sascha * Stiff Upper Lip * Union Square and many more.
- Stiff Upper Lip
- BLAH, BLAH, BLAH (from 'Delicious')
- Boy! What Love Has Done To Me!
- BY STRAUSS (from 'The Show is On')
- Could You Use Me?
- I Won't Say I Will, But I Won't Say I Won't
- Just Another Rhumba
- The Lorelei
- Sam And Delilah
- I MUST BE HOME BY TWELVE O'CLOCK ('SHOW GIRL')
- I Want To Be A War Bride
- I'm A Poached Egg
- MADEMOISELLE IN NEW ROCHELLE (from 'Strike Up The Band!')
- Mischa, Yascha, Toscha, Sascha
- MY COUSIN IN MILWAUKEE (from 'Pardon My English')
- NAUGHTY BABY (from 'Crazy for You')
- ONE, TWO, THREE ('SHOCKING MISS PILGRIM,THE')
- So What?
- The Babbitt And The Bromide
- THE ILLEGITIMATE DAUGHTER ('OF THEE I SING':MUS)
- The Jolly Tar And The Milk Maid
- The Senatorial Roll Call
- These Charming People
- UNION SQUARE (from 'Let 'Em Eat Cake')