The Chester Book of Motets - Volume 2
The English School for 4 Voices. Edited by Anthony G. Petti. Music Sales America. Sacred, Renaissance, Choral. 48 pages. Chester Music #CH55103. Published by Chester Music (HL.14025423).
Item Number: HL.14025423
ISBN 0711920583. 8x11 inches.
The volumes of this expanding series are devoted to a wide range of sacred renaissance motets with Latin texts, and contain a mixture of well known and unfamiliar pieces, some of which are published for the first time. All appear in editions by Anthony G. Petti. Includes: Agnus Dei (Thomas Morley) • Alleluia (John Tavener) • Audivi (John Tavener) • Ave Verum Corpus (William Byrd) • Cibavit Eos (William Byrd) • Dum Transisset (Robert Johnson) • Euge Caeli (Thomas Tallis) • Gloria Laus (Christopher Tye) • In Manus Tuas (John Shepherd) • Sancte Deus (Thomas Tallis) • Senex Puerum [Byrd, William] • Venite Comedite (William Byrd).
- Agnus Dei Performed by Thomas Morley
- Alleluia Performed by John Taverner
- Audivi Performed by John Taverner
- Ave Verum Corpus Performed by William Byrd
- Cibavit Eos Performed by William Byrd
- Dum Transisset Performed by Robert Johnson
- Euge Caeli Performed by Thomas Tallis
- Gloria Laus Performed by Christopher Tye
- In manus tuas Performed by John Shepherd
- Sancte Deus Performed by Thomas Tallis
- Senex Puerum Performed by William Byrd
- Venite Comedite Performed by William Byrd