The Cello Soloist (Classic Solos for Cello) - Music Minus One
Cello solo - Difficulty: easy-medium to medium
Baroque, Classical Period and Play Along. Sheet music and accompaniment CD. With solo part and standard notation. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCD3726).
Item Number: MO.MMOCD3726
ISBN 1596154144. With solo part and standard notation. Baroque, Classical Period and Play Along. 9x12 inches.
This long-awaited re-release of a Music Minus One classic features a completely new edition of 17 famous solo cello works, complete with helpful tips for cellists playing them for the first time. Includes an authoritative, newly engraved solo cello part printed on high-quality ivory paper, complete with performance suggestions from Mr. Thomas, and a CD containing a complete version with soloist; then a second version in digital stereo of the piano accompaniment, minus the soloist.From Marie's 'La Cinquantaine' to Brahms' famous 'Lullaby,' from 'The Swan' to Senaille's exciting 'Allegro Spirituoso,' players of all levels (familiarity with first and fourth positions is a minimum requirement) will be inspired and delighted. Pieces with beginning thumb position also provide a challenge to the more advanced 'cellist as well as a wonderful, musical opportunity for the novice to explore this technique. An entire generation of professional and amateur cellists was brought up on 'Solos for the Cello Player; now its successor, 'The Cello Soloist,' is not to be missed. This is an album that you will live with for many years. And if you are new to the MMO experience, this is a perfect way to begin a long and rewarding relationship.
- Tre Giorni: Nina Composed by Giovanni Battista Pergolesi
- La Cinquantaine Composed by Marie
- Orfeo: Andante Composed by Christoph Willibald Von Gluck
- Suite No. 3, BWV 1009: Bourees I and II Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Aria Composed by Antonio Lotti
- Allegro Spirituoso (from the Violin Sonata in D minor) Composed by Jean Baptiste Senaille
- Larghetto (from Violin Sonata, op. 1, no. 13) Composed by George Frideric Handel
- Allegro (from Violin Sonata, op. 1, no. 15) Composed by George Frideric Handel
- Andante (arranged from the 'Andante Favori' for piano, WoO57) Composed by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Divertimento, KV334: Menuet Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Lullaby Composed by Brahms (arr. Kahn)
- Country Dance Composed by Carl Maria Von Weber
- 5 Pieces in Folk Style: Lento Composed by Robert Schumann
- Romance Composed by Claude Debussy
- Carnival des Animaux: La Cygne (Carnival of the Animals: The Swan) (*arr. for 'cello and piano) Composed by Camille Saint-Saens
- Sicilienne Composed by Gabriel Faure
- Village Song, op. 62, no. 2 Composed by Popper