There are currently no items in your cart.
The Blue Hour composed by Kurt Schumacher. For Guitar. Sheet Music. Published by Heinrichshofen Verlag (PE.N02642).
Although more than a hundred years have passed since its birth, to this very day the blues (the original source of contemporary pop music) has lost none of its powerful attraction. This may be related to the simple sincerity of this music. Or it may be due to the infectious shuffle rhythm which quickly casts its spell on any guitarist who hears it. Who can say for sure? However, one thing is definite -- of all the many performance styles going by the name of the blues, the most prominent is the fingerstyle blues on acoustic guitar. Anybody familiar with the historic recordings of Robert Johnson, Lightning Hopkins, John Lee Hooker, and Big Bill Broonzy senses that the fingerstyle blues (as it is presented in this edition (is blues in its most original form. Other forms of popular music gradually developed from the rich soil of the blues. First there were ragtime, boogie-woogie, and jazz; then came rock 'n' roll, rhythm and blues; and, last but not least, rock music as we know it today. The 22 pieces of this volume are a selection of these various styles in a fingerstyle idiom. (Kurt Schumacher)
22 Pieces for Guitar in Blues and Rock feeling.
- The Moo
- The Blue Hour
- Somethin' Funny
- Cannery Row
- Stop and Go
- Dragon Tears
- Salinas Valley Rock
- The Pancake Rag
- Lazy Fingers
- Another Ugly Mawnin'
- Busy Thumb Boogie
- Old Hornie's Rag
- The Gangsta Blues
- The Monkey Bar
- Messin' Around
- Dirty Town Rag
- Orange Sky
- The Last Dime
- Rock the Blues
- Sweet Thursday
- Killin' Time
The Blue Hour
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Blue Hour
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Guitar Sheet Music