The Best of Pat Martino
Guitar - Difficulty: medium-difficult to difficult
A Step-by-Step Breakdown of the Guitar Styles and Techniques of a Modern Jazz Legend. By Pat Martino. Hal Leonard Guitar Signature Licks. Jazz. Instructional book and examples CD. With guitar tablature, standard notation, chord names, introductory text, guitar notation legend and accompaniment CD. 110 pages. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.695632).
Item Number: HL.695632
ISBN 0634030515. 9x12 inches.
Pat Martino learned how to play superb jazz guitar twice; he emerged as a powerful musical force in the '60s, playing pro at age 15, then had to relearn everything after brain surgery in 1980 caused him to forget how to play. With this book/CD pack, you can learn the trademark riffs, solos and compositions of this remarkable modern jazz guitar virtuoso. Features in-depth explorations of 14 works, including Along Came Betty, Nefertiti, Stone Blue and more.
About Hal Leonard Signature Licks
The Signature Licks book/audio packs are especially formatted to give instruction on how to play a particular artist style by using the actual transcribed, "right from the record" licks! Designed for use by anyone from beginner right up to the experienced player who is looking to expand their insight. The books contain full performance notes and an overview of each artist or group's style with transcriptions in notes and tab. The audio accompaniment features playing tips and techniques, as well as playing examples at a slower tempo.
- All Blues Composed by Miles Davis
- Along Came Betty Composed by Benny Golson
- Blue In Green Composed by Miles Davis
- Nefertiti Composed by Wayne Shorter
- Oleo Composed by Sonny Rollins
- El Hombre Composed by Pat Martino
- The Great Stream Composed by Pat Martino
- Interchange Composed by Pat Martino
- Nightwings Composed by Pat Martino
- Noshufuru Composed by Pat Martino
- Stone Blue Composed by Pat Martino
- The Visit Composed by Pat Martino
- Strings Composed by Pat Martino
- Road Song Composed by John L. (Wes) Montgomery