The Baroque Piano: The Influence of Society, Style, and Musical trends on the Great Piano Composers
Piano solo - Difficulty: difficult
The Influence of Society, Style and Musical Trends on the Great Piano Composers. By perf. Daniel Glover. Edited by Nancy Bachus. Graded Standard Repertoire; Masterworks; Piano Collection. A History of Piano Masterworks. Baroque. Collection. With performance CDs and historical backgorund information. 128 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.26036).
Item Number: AP.26036
ISBN 0739042955. 9x12 inches.
The piano repertoire in this collection is supported by fascinating insight on the influence of society, style, and musical trends on the great keyboard composers of the Baroque period. Nancy Bachus brilliantly employs an integrated arts approach, creating an indispensable resource for every piano teacher, student, and music lover alike. The recordings are artistically performed by concert pianist Daniel Glover. This library-quality edition is a complete version of The Baroque Spirit Books 1 and 2 by Nancy Bachus, and is conveniently packaged with CDs in one volume.
List/syllabus: Royal Conservatory List 2015.
About A History of Piano Masterworks
This four-volume series summarizes the history of piano music and its influence on and by society from the outset of the 17th century through the early 20th century. Part I of each volume explores musicÃ•s relationship with literary, scientific, social, and political events. Part 2 focuses on the influences of great composers from that era. Nancy Bachus brilliantly employs an intergrated approach, creating an indispensible resource for every piano teacher, student, and music lover alike.
- Aria Composed by Alessandro Scarlatti
- Folia Composed by Alessandro Scarlatti
- Sonata in A Major Composed by Baldassare Galuppi
- Sonata in C Minor Composed by Pescetti
- Gavotte Composed by Arcangelo Corelli
- Fughetta in E minor Composed by Zipoli
- Sonata in G Major Composed by Domenico Scarlatti
- Tambourin Composed by Jean-Philippe Rameau
- Meneut Composed by Jean-Baptiste Lully
- Le Petit-Rien Composed by Francois Couperin
- Rigaudon I, II and Variation Composed by Jean-Philippe Rameau
- Little Prelude in C Major BWV 939, Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Fantasia Composed by Georg Philipp Telemann
- Invention Composed by Johann Philipp Kirnberger
- Invention No. 8 in F Major BWV 779, Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Musette BWV Anh. 126, Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Hornpipe in E Minor Composed by Henry Purcell
- Sarabande Composed by Johann Pachelbel
- Chaconne Composed by Fischer
- Prelude in G major Composed by George Frideric Handel