There are currently no items in your cart.
The Art of Solo Bass (Chordal Approach). Composed by Michael Dimin. For Electric Bass Guitar. Jazz. Beginning-Intermediate. E-book. 80 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications - Digital Sheet Music (M0.20845BCDEB).
ISBN 1610652460. Jazz.
The Art of Solo Bass is a jumping off point, a place to glimpse the possibilities of the electric bass. This book examines the use of chords and chord/melody in performance, arranging, composing and the development and exploration of new techniques. From using chords to enhance and embellish your groovin' bass lines, to developing a comping style to perform with an ensemble and finally to create solo arrangements and compositions for practice and performance.
The Art of Solo Bass will open new horizons for you, the bass player. This is a step-by-step tutorial into the techniques, theory and practical application of solo bass. The Art of Solo Bass includes actual arrangements, recordings, notation and tablature to guide you along the way.
About Digital Print Sheet Music
Digital Print is printable sheet music available anytime, anywhere. Just purchase, print and play! View your online sheet music at home, school, work or anywhere you have a computer connected to the Internet. Use our iPad app to view your digital sheet music on the go. With Digital Print, you can print your digital sheet music immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application.
- Open and Closed G7 Chords
- Seventh Chords with G as Root
- Seventh Chords with C as Root
- Ex. 1 - Funky Blues in G
- Ex. 2 - Funky Line in F
- Ex. 3 - Slap Line in G
- Ex. 4 - "Birdland" Excerpt
- Ex. 5 - "Wild Nights" Exerpt
- Ex. 6 - "Wild Side" Excerpt
- "Lizard" Excerpt
- "Take Five" Comping
- Blues in F, Ex. 1, Comping Style
- Blues in F, Ex. 2, Comping Style
- Blues in F, Ex. 3, Comping Style
- "Sugar", Comping Style & Solo
- Rhythm Changes, Comping, Measures 1-8
- Rhythm Changes, Comping, Measures 9-16
- Rhythm Changes, Comping, Measures 17-24
- Rhythm Changes, Comping, Measures 25-32
- Rhythm Changes, Comping, Measures 33-40
- Rhythm Changes, Comping, Measures 41-48
- Rhythm Changes, Comping, Measures 49-56
- Rhythm Changes, Comping, Measures 57-64
- Rhythm Changes, Comping, 2 Choruses
- "Amazing Grace" Solo
- "Over the Rainbow" Solo
- "Shadow of Your Smile" Solo
- Sugar" Solo
- "How High the Moon" Solo
- "There are no accidents", looped Arrangment
To play the media you will need to update yourFlash plugin.
The Art of Solo Bass
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
The Art of Solo Bass
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music